General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

My worry with VR is that if you are playing with move controllers, or similar, swinging them around could be dangerous particularly when it reaches mass market. 

My idea is that the camera takes in information about the surroundings and perhaps displays a warning message, or even takes input from a second camera that is on the headset, so that it effectively pauses the game and shows the view that you'd see if you weren't wearing glasses. 

Xevross

Life advice: Don't discuss homosexuality with a muslim. No good will come of it

Thanks for the advice, I'll bear it in mind.

the-pi-guy

Thanks for the advice, I'll bear it in mind.

Now we are talking about bears? 

the-pi-guy

Step 1:  Camera takes in information about surroundings, most notably movements. 
Step 2: Headset displays warning (1) - Option to press blank/blank to see headset camera view(2), option to press blank/blank to cast away notification.(3)

(1)  The warning can be turned off in settings, but default option is turned on. 
(2)  Headset camera view is taken from 1 or 2 cameras on the front of the headset. 
(3) Player continues as before. 

Dr. Pezus

Go on?

Just...homosexuality is a sin in Islam (well I guess it's also a sin in Christianity?) and since many of them are really religious you can kind of see how that would go. They think it's abnormal and they want to avoid them as much as possible (both lesbians and gay men). They think it's a condition that can be cured.

the-pi-guy

Just...homosexuality is a sin in Islam (well I guess it's also a sin in Christianity?) and since many of them are really religious you can kind of see how that would go. They think it's abnormal and they want to avoid them as much as possible (both lesbians and gay men). They think it's a condition that can be cured.

Depends on the Christian, some don't care, some are way out there. 
Kind of like the view point of Young Earth Creationism.

the-pi-guy

Mario is voiced by the same person as Paarthurnax. 

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

7H3

The lines are getting sketchy at this point. 

I dunno AR can be as simple as using your phone to superimpose images through the camera, or as complex as superimposing a 3D image in a room. The latter is closest to VR with the exception of VR requiring a wearable peripheral device to create immersion rather than an external device.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

AR augments this reality while VR creates a new one.

the-pi-guy

What if you were to augment half of the world and create the other half? 

7H3

I think video games in general fit in with that description for example watch dogs has a virtual chicago for me to navigate with my avatar thus being a form of VR. Just not the full immersion VR we are seeing with Oculus and Morpheus
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

What if you were to augment half of the world and create the other half? 

Is the the fake world augmenting the real one, or is the real one augmenting the fake world?

IMO it's all about what's important.

So for example if in VR suddenly a real world chair showed up so that you wouldn't hit it. That chair would be augmenting the game world, thus VR.

Riderz1337

I'm a Muslim and I'm fine with it.

Although to be perfectly honest I barely practice the religion...I eat pork, I don't fast etc...I'm pretty much an atheist...but I still call myself a Muslim lol.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Go Up