Started by Legend, Jan 05, 2016, 07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Just don't put that 4 move only crud.

Legend

darkknightkryta

What is that?
In pokemon, you can only keep 4 moves.  You have to "forget" one to get a new one.

the-pi-guy

In pokemon, you can only keep 4 moves.  You have to "forget" one to get a new one.
Here I was imagining Forum RPG would be exclusive to PlayStation Move #4MoveOnly

Legend

Oh yeah nah.

Forum RPG is all about being overly complex and anti user friendly.

Legend

Might have combat ready to go in the next few days.

Legend

Player skills?

Strength-raw power. Can carry more and can do more damage, while also being more intimidating.
Speed-ability to travel and react fast. Good for running, quick attacks, and dodging.
Endurance-ability to keep at a physical activity without needing rest.
Intelligence-ability to notice and understand things about the world. Good for learning new attacks, counteracting charisma, performing scams, etc.
Luck-influences random number generation.
Charisma-ability to make others think a certain way.
Willpower-ability to put mind over body. Ignore pain, low stamina, not get scared, etc.
Finess-ability to control limbs/fingers exactly as desired. Good for stealth and proper fighting technique.

Xbro

There should be a hired mercenary system. You spend a certain amount of money to hire someone, and they fight alongside you until you die or stop hiring them.

I set up a new city for the purpose.
3 people like this

Legend

There should be a hired mercenary system. You spend a certain amount of money to hire someone, and they fight alongside you until you die or stop hiring them.

I set up a new city for the purpose.
Nice!

Yeah party system should be a big part of things eventually. I'm building the combat system around that. These would also fit in with the bot system, where you could tell a merc to leave the party for a bit and fight his own battle.

Xbro

I still maintain that I should be able to mug someone who is on the path.
3 people like this

Legend

I still maintain that I should be able to mug someone who is on the path.
Yes you will be able to.

Legend

@Mmm_fish_tacos

You found the combat! Please stop pressing buttons there haha. I have more error messages than I know what to deal with  ::)

Mmm_fish_tacos

@Mmm_fish_tacos

You found the combat! Please stop pressing buttons there haha. I have more error messages than I know what to deal with  ::)
But I had to kill Pi!

It didn't work.. >:(

Legend

But I had to kill Pi!

It didn't work.. >:(
How do we want to handle death?

I was thinking something like you only need to bring all enemies to less than 10% health to win the battle. This gives a small buffer for players to lose without their entire squad being permanently dead.

So if any character has their health reach 0, they are permanently dead/a dead corpse lying on the ground. What if a human player dies though?

Mmm_fish_tacos

How do we want to handle death?

I was thinking something like you only need to bring all enemies to less than 10% health to win the battle. This gives a small buffer for players to lose without their entire squad being permanently dead.

So if any character has their health reach 0, they are permanently dead/a dead corpse lying on the ground. What if a human player dies though?
Theyll need a revive or they pay "death" for their life back.

Go Up