Nintendo E3 direct: hype hype hype

Started by Legend, Jun 12, 2018, 03:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

December 7th for Smash.

dang, they spent 25 minutes on that game.

And that's the direct.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Well they had a few announcements and stuff in the first 15 minutes then it was all Smash. Interesting. I was hoping for more though.

Dr. Pezus

Is this all for Nintendo at e3?

Xevross

Is this all for Nintendo at e3?
Well they have treehouse

Cute Pikachu

It was alright.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

kitler53

so i'm not quite done with the conference but wtf nintendo.   alsmost the entire thing is dedicated to a smash bros port.   

nintendo is the laziest developer ever..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

so i'm not quite done with the conference but wtf nintendo.   alsmost the entire thing is dedicated to a smash bros port.  

nintendo is the laziest developer ever..
Port? Really?

kitler53

Port? Really?
it is an enhanced port.  

2 new fighters vs 64 ports from previously launched games.  pointing out things like "the wii fit trainer has a new facial expression" in no way qualifies to me as new.  TLoU got new textures when it was ported to ps4,.. it's still a port even though some work was done to polish the port.  the reason everyone is saying the smash part was boring is because nintendo harped on every minute change to try and convince you they actually worked hard on this port.  but..

..this was developed fast and cheaply.   port.

Xevross

Jun 12, 2018, 06:41 PM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2018, 07:38 PM by Xevross
it is an enhanced port. 

2 new fighters vs 64 ports from previously launched games.  pointing out things like "the wii fit trainer has a new facial expression" in no way qualifies to me as new.  TLoU got new textures when it was ported to ps4,.. it's still a port even though some work was done to polish the port.  the reason everyone is saying the smash part was boring is because nintendo harped on every minute change to try and convince you they actually worked hard on this port.  but..

..this was developed fast and cheaply.   port.

A port implies its heavily based on one game only. They never had this many fighters in the same game, so its not a direct from anything. Its got loads more content and a few new interesting features. I wouldn't call it a port. I think its just Smash never changes much between each release.

But eh, its not too much more than a port so there's not really much point debating over it.

Legend

it is an enhanced port.  

2 new fighters vs 64 ports from previously launched games.  pointing out things like "the wii fit trainer has a new facial expression" in no way qualifies to me as new.  TLoU got new textures when it was ported to ps4,.. it's still a port even though some work was done to polish the port.  the reason everyone is saying the smash part was boring is because nintendo harped on every minute change to try and convince you they actually worked hard on this port.  but..

..this was developed fast and cheaply.   port.

It's definitely a port, but it's a great way to make the port have value outside of being a port.

Disappointing for people wanting a new Smash but great for people who love old Smash.

kitler53

A port implies its heavily based on one game only. They never had this many fighters in the same game, so its not a direct from anything. Its got loads more content and a few new interesting features. I wouldn't call it a port. I think its just Smash never changes much between each release.

But eh, its not too much more than a point so there's not really much point debating over it.
how about we call it an "ultimate port". 

Xevross

how about we call it an "ultimate port".
Yeah I guess that's a good name for it ;D

I wonder if they'll release another smash on switch

Cute Pikachu

Y'all calling it a port of Smash 4.
Completely revamped moves for almost every fighter
Tons of new stages
It's not even the same engine.

It's not a port lol.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Dr. Pezus