Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 06, 2017, 04:55 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017, 04:57 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
No it won't but I'd expect most 1080p XBO games to be in 4k.Have they confirmed anything special about it? It sounded pretty standard.
16x af. Out side of that i dint think so. Pretty much what sony is doing and they still have months to get their features right.

Something else about screen cap. From video, for the "perfect 1080 cap, which i think we can already do.

Oh and more dx hype.

Didnt we already do this?

ethomaz

I can't see this playing everything in 4k
Well 1080p games will be 4k.
Forza 1080p/60fps will be 4k/60fps.

Everything else? Sub 4k.

Tachikoma

Apr 06, 2017, 05:21 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017, 05:23 PM by Tachikoma
Certainly is a mid-cycle bump and little more.
Roll on 9th gen.

Someone needs to tap Microsoft on the shoulder and let them know that hardware spec isn't the main reason their consoles not selling, it's a small reason in a collection of reasons. Higher spec isn't going to fix the "not much of interest worth playing" bit.

nnodley

I can't even with the gaf thread for this.  Yes scorpio is more powerful than ps4 pro, but it's a year later so it better have been.  And even then it's still gonna be held back by just being an evolved jaguar and isn't this massive jump people still seem to be clinging to on gaf.  Seems that part is fine now that scorpio is using it.  Pro having an ungraded Jaguar was the wrong move for sony back when it was announced.  Funny how things change.

Horizon

My reaction:
Seriously it is pointless announcing specs of consoles without showing footage of games and I know they were not going to but then why announce it? Basically indicates to me MS really do not have a huge amount of stuff in the pipeline for E3. I feel like scorpio is an admission from Microsoft they accept they are just not as good as Sony or Nintendo at game development. So instead of compete with them both they are using the most powerful game console to try and entice gamers back. Ultimately this E3 is going to be Power (Xbox) vs software (Sony) and really software always wins.

nnodley

People keep clinging to the idea that this is reaching 1070 performance.   I really can't see how a top of the line really expensive graphics card is the same as scorpio.  

Anywho, I will have to see the price on this to decide when I might get it if at all.  By the time I might get one the next console might be coming out.  I'm looking to get a switch next anyway.

ethomaz

RX 480 with 3% overclock is what Scorpio will delivery.

Legend

My reaction:
Seriously it is pointless announcing specs of consoles without showing footage of games and I know they were not going to but then why announce it? Basically indicates to me MS really do not have a huge amount of stuff in the pipeline for E3. I feel like scorpio is an admission from Microsoft they accept they are just not as good as Sony or Nintendo at game development. So instead of compete with them both they are using the most powerful game console to try and entice gamers back. Ultimately this E3 is going to be Power (Xbox) vs software (Sony) and really software always wins.
I was surprised they used Forza 6 instead of 7. This would have been the completely wrong event to announce Forza 7, but everything now points to a reveal at E3.

That'll be the first time since Forza 4.

E3 2017 countdown

I think they're just low on games this year.

Kerotan

Unless it's priced at $399 they have zero chance.  Pro will probably be $299 so either way they probably have no chance.

ethomaz

I was surprised they used Forza 6 instead of 7. This would have been the completely wrong event to announce Forza 7, but everything now points to a reveal at E3.

That'll be the first time since Forza 4.

E3 2017 countdown

I think they're just low on games this year.

They used Forza Apex because they didn't have a final Scorpio machine ready yet... just a machine they create that target Scorpio specs.

Ludicrous Speed

My reaction:
If they have nothing for E3... then why not save this for E3? Also, was the Pro Sonys admission that their games suck? I'm not sure why one iterative console screams terrible things about a company but the other wouldn't. We all knew these upgraded consoles were coming. MS is launching theirs a year later, of course it will be beefier.

The specs are great for Scorpio but what's most exciting to me are the refinements and innovations DF spoke on. They didn't just wait for better hardware, they really seem to have designed it to work much better for gaming than the Xbox One.

DerNebel

I can't even with the gaf thread for this.  Yes scorpio is more powerful than ps4 pro, but it's a year later so it better have been.  And even then it's still gonna be held back by just being an evolved jaguar and isn't this massive jump people still seem to be clinging to on gaf.  Seems that part is fine now that scorpio is using it.  Pro having an ungraded Jaguar was the wrong move for sony back when it was announced.  Funny how things change.
Gaf is home to a significant number of stupid people, so there's really no news here.

nnodley

Gaf is home to a significant number of stupid people, so there's really no news here.
oh I know!!  It's just so face palm worthy some of them are acting like this is better than most top of the line pc's

Horizon

If they have nothing for E3... then why not save this for E3? Also, was the Pro Sonys admission that their games suck? I'm not sure why one iterative console screams terrible things about a company but the other wouldn't. We all knew these upgraded consoles were coming. MS is launching theirs a year later, of course it will be beefier.

The specs are great for Scorpio but what's most exciting to me are the refinements and innovations DF spoke on. They didn't just wait for better hardware, they really seem to have designed it to work much better for gaming than the Xbox One.
Because they will still have to announce the box,price and other stuff related to the box. If they really had more stuff to show they would have held an event in May prior to E3 with specs, showing the box and price and teasing 1 or 2 announcements for E3. Sony did not go all out on the Pro, it is merely an option for the consumer. They did not hype up the pro in the same way Xbox have hyped up Scorpio. Plus Sony's past E3 have shown of breadth of content that Xbox is fundamentally lacking. Since Gamescon 2015 they have only announced Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising and State of Decay 2 as big announcements. Sony have nothing to prove whilst Xbox has everything to prove after such lacklustre E3's with minimal announcements. Not even showing any games or teasing them very much aligns with what insiders are saying that Xbox does not have a huge amount in the pipeline.

Mmm_fish_tacos

People keep clinging to the idea that this is reaching 1070 performance.   I really can't see how a top of the line really expensive graphics card is the same as scorpio. 

Anywho, I will have to see the price on this to decide when I might get it if at all.  By the time I might get one the next console might be coming out.  I'm looking to get a switch next anyway.
Yeah, I don't understand that logic. Besides, most people know a AMD TFlop doesn't equal a Nivida TFlop. But a card is more than just TF.

Go Up