How's School?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I got 2 A's, 3 B's and 1 C+.

Abstract Algebra (B) - Really interesting class.  I didn't really spend as much time as I would have liked on this class.  The teacher was pretty nice, but he wasn't very organized.  Had class Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  There were times he would post an assignment on Tuesday, that were due in class on Wednesday... Not very great for people who are taking lots of classes or working a lot...  But really interesting class, was a lot of really basic math stuff like sets. Basically no calculation, all theory.  

Discrete Mathematics (B) - Took this class as an independent study.  Didn't spend very much time on this class, at all.  Basically I did the assignments and that was basically how I learned all the material.  Was a tough class, and a lot of people who were actually in class did much worse than I did.... Actually curved my grade up from a C+.

Partial Differential Equation (C+) - This class  I really messed up on.  Based on what I heard other students say, they really struggled with this one too.  I personally really messed up with homework.  There were like 5 assignments this semester, and 3 of them were barely half finished.  This one is on me.  I didn't do super great on the first 2 tests either.  Got a 90% on the final though.  So not too bad.  I didn't really care too much about this class, and it ended up being the last thing I worked on, every single time. So I often didn't finish everything.  

Assembly (B) - This one is a bit tricky.  The material wasn't too bad, the teacher wasn't a very good teacher.  It's not very easy to follow his organization.  There was a lecture, where he spent more time talking about chips would often have drawing on them, than he did talking about some of the material that actually ended up being on the test.  All in all, I'm okay with my grade here.  

Modern Physics (A) - Super awesome class, and super awesome teacher.  Was a super nice teacher. Really excited to have him next semester as well.  Definitely planning on doing a triple major.  

Japanese 1 (A) - Had a lot of fun.  Really excited to keep learning.  But I don't plan to take a Japanese class again soon, but learning on my own from here on for a little while.  Had a lot of fun.  Japanese is a really cool language.

Next semester I plan to take:
-Topology
-Introductory Physics II
-Classical Mechanics
-Physics Lab I
-Artificial Intelligence
-Computer Theory