Malaysia airliner crashes in east Ukraine - 300+ dead

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jul 17, 2014, 04:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

A Malaysian airliner reportedly with 295 people on board has crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

Malaysia Airlines said it had lost contact with Flight MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukraine, it said in a tweet.

An aviation source in Moscow told Reuters the plane had been found burning on the ground in east Ukraine.

Separatist rebels have been fighting government forces in the region.

A number of Ukrainian military planes have been shot down by missiles in recent weeks, with Ukraine accusing Russia's military of supplying advanced missiles to the rebels.

Earlier on Thursday, Ukrainian officials accused the Russian air force of shooting down one of its ground attack jets on Wednesday.

Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, was quoted by the Associated Press as saying the plane had been hit by a missile at an altitude of 10,000m (33,000ft). The claim could not be verified independently.

The source which spoke to Reuters said the plane had failed to enter Russian airspace.

The UK Foreign Office said it was aware of the reports of the crash and was "urgently working to establish what has happened".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28354856

______

What.the.fudge

Plane full of people was shot down. This Ukraine x Russia situation is getting out of control

DD_Bwest

the second i heard plane crash and ukraine, i said to myself it was shot down.

my brother is already telling me how its a false flag to encourage more action

Xevross

fudge the Russians man. They'll only be satisfied once they are in complete control of everything.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

The agency quotes an emergencies services rescue worker as saying at least 100 bodies had so far been found at the scene, and that debris from the wreckage was scattered across an area up to about 15 km (nine miles) in diameter

Nine miles?!?! It must have exploded in mid air, both sides are denying it so far.

Dr. Pezus

Yes it was clearly shot down. Omg it's like Russia wants World War III to happen

Xevross

The BBC's Oleg Boldyrev in Moscow says the rebels do not have out-dated equipment. What they have equals or maybe surpasses the Ukrainian government's capabilities. He says some reports say the rebels even have fighter planes reportedly flown from Crimea and that possibility should not be excluded.

The seperatists say this: Pro-Russia separatists in Donetsk have denied bringing down the aircraft, according to Interfax. "The plane was shot down by the Ukrainian side. We simply have no air defence systems of this kind," separatist spokesman Sergey Kavtaradze told the agency.

battleship

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it's battleship. Like Russia wouldn't provide them with equipment

DD_Bwest

Well I doubt this is a false flag. Looks legit
False flag doesnt necesarily mean it didnt happen,  Hes implying it was ukrainian or cia operatives doing it to blame russia.    he has some wild theories though

Dr. Pezus

Lol CIA? I don't think the US want to go to war with Russia. Would be a travesty for both sides and everyone nearby.

Dr. Pezus

And Ukraine wouldn't be that stupid, I think. I don't see why they would do it.

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

DD_Bwest

And Ukraine wouldn't be that stupid, I think. I don't see why they would do it.
i dont see why russia would do it either.. just dont make sense.  either way its sad though, and the possible implcations of it anyways is rather serious.  someone shot it down so its going to cause finger pointing and saber rattling