Crackdown 3: bet on the metacritic

Started by Legend, Feb 05, 2019, 09:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

65 after 43 now on open.

Meta is 62 after 38.

Legend

Well I think I'll win this one. Previews were not hot.

Xevross

Well I think I'll win this one. Previews were not hot.
They weren't bad though. I didn't realise that multiplayer wouldn't be included, and previews were more positive on that. People only get to play multiplayer tomorrow, so scored will be updated and more will be added. It should go up but not by much.

princevenom

that crackdown 3 review thread on resetera  lol
and i thought rdr 2 and days gone threads were bad
i had high hopes for that forum back in 2017 but it turned out to be a much worse place then neogaf
what a shame  :(

Xevross

that crackdown 3 review thread on resetera  lol
and i thought rdr 2 and days gone threads were bad
i had high hopes for that forum back in 2017 but it turned out to be a much worse place then neogaf
what a shame  :(
?

Doesn't seem that bad to me.

Xevross

Its crazy that after all the delays this ended up turning out so mediocre. What was the point, in the end? Nobody is going to buy an xbox for this, and I can't see it selling well at all either. It might encourage a few people to try out gamepass, but that's about it.

Also saw a good point, Scalebound was cancelled for not being good enough, so if this is good enough to be released than wtf was going on with Scalebound?

DerNebel

Look at this interview and the end result, that we've arrived at.

Microsoft on Crackdown 3 delay: We want it to 'sit next to Halo, Gears' - Polygon

It's the constant stream of releases like this, that make me feel nothing at MS' announcements of studio acquisitions. They have done absolutely nothing to show that these additions will pay out in anything worthwile.

Legend

They weren't bad though. I didn't realise that multiplayer wouldn't be included, and previews were more positive on that. People only get to play multiplayer tomorrow, so scored will be updated and more will be added. It should go up but not by much.

That's the one I watched.

Lots of people were hoping the campaign would make up for the multiplayer so I have no clue if the metascore will go up or not.
Look at this interview and the end result, that we've arrived at.

Microsoft on Crackdown 3 delay: We want it to 'sit next to Halo, Gears' - Polygon

It's the constant stream of releases like this, that make me feel nothing at MS' announcements of studio acquisitions. They have done absolutely nothing to show that these additions will pay out in anything worthwile.
Development of this game must have been weird. I'd love to see a postmortem to see how it all went down. This game has looked 90% finished for the longest time yet still launched in a similar state. In hindsight it might have been best to reboot development at some point but maybe they did.

princevenom

?

Doesn't seem that bad to me.
it turned into a sony vs ms first party  thread  so fast lol
but as you said its not that bad compared to other threads

Xevross

it turned into a sony vs ms first party  thread  so fast lol
but as you said its not that bad compared to other threads
Well nuggets always going to happen when an exclusive reviews badly. I think that thread's okay overall. Most of the arguing is over the definition of first party, which is just amusing.

Xevross

62 on open after 55 reviews.

60 on meta after 46.

It's going down.

ethomaz

62 on open after 55 reviews.

60 on meta after 46.

It's going down.
Of course it goes... I have no ideia what MS thought releasing a Indie game under the first-party AAA seal.

Legend

Woah it is two games. Multiplayer is its own app.

Xevross

Woah it is two games. Multiplayer is its own app.
That's rad. None of this resembles anything close to what first party products should be all about. Instead of being an advert for xbox and a game for its fans to celebrate, its just a mess. Sure, many people will find it fun, but you can say that for most games.

Legend

That's rad. None of this resembles anything close to what first party products should be all about. Instead of being an advert for xbox and a game for its fans to celebrate, its just a mess. Sure, many people will find it fun, but you can say that for most games.
I don't understand why that could happen. Assets seem to be shared between campain and multiplayer so it's not like they were made individually.

Go Up