TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Watching Korra.

I'm not sure if I'm just being more critical of it compared to avatar or if it's just a bit worse.  

Dialogue feels less natural.  

Like in the second episode, Korra is in a fight and she says a line blaming someone and then they continue the fight later and she nearly repeats the same line.

Not that avatar is perfect in this regard, but I think Korra is worse.

Unnatural dialogue is one of my biggest enjoyment killers.

Other than a few bits like that, the show is good.

kitler53

Dark is the greatest TV of all time. That's it.
If you haven't seen it, you should.
+10

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Watching Korra.

I'm not sure if I'm just being more critical of it compared to avatar or if it's just a bit worse.  

Dialogue feels less natural.  

Like in the second episode, Korra is in a fight and she says a line blaming someone and then they continue the fight later and she nearly repeats the same line.

Not that avatar is perfect in this regard, but I think Korra is worse.

Unnatural dialogue is one of my biggest enjoyment killers.

Other than a few bits like that, the show is good.
It's worse than avatar but still very good, gets a lot better as it goes along

the-pi-guy

I have also been watching the Umbrella Academy.
It's interesting. It's about a team of people with powers but it's so different from anything else I've seen.

It feels way more like a drama than a super hero show. I mostly like it.  

But it also kind of irritates me.  It feels like the plot doesn't move very often.  So you watch an episode hoping for the story to advance, only to end up watching the episode after.  

Was watching Community. Really good show. At least there, there isn't the expectation of a moving plot.

kitler53

It's interesting. It's about a team of people with powers but it's so different from anything else I've seen.

But it also kind of irritates me.  It feels like the plot doesn't move very often.  So you watch an episode hoping for the story to advance, only to end up watching the episode after.  

Was watching Community. Really good show. At least there, there isn't the expectation of a moving plot.
not sure how far you are in but umbrella academy is amazing.   with so much content on netflix i rarely rewatch something.  i rewatched umbrella academy.    they did such a good job with the soundtrack especially and season 2 is at least as good if not better than season 1.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Community is great. Umbrella is good, could be better. The Boys is where it's at for superheroes

nnodley

Dark is the greatest TV of all time. That's it.
If you haven't seen it, you should.
YAAAAAAAS  I just watched Dark like a month ago and i still find myself thinking about it.  Easily one of if not the best shows.  The soundtrack is frickin amazing too.

Watching The Rain now. Its pretty good too.

Dr. Pezus

YAAAAAAAS  I just watched Dark like a month ago and i still find myself thinking about it.  Easily one of if not the best shows.  The soundtrack is frickin amazing too.

Watching The Rain now. Its pretty good too.
I'm glad some people I know watched it lol. Haven't been able to talk about it to many haha.

It's just incredible. Plot is probably the best I've seen (at least scifi), acting amazing and believable, music and cinematography take it to another level.

the-pi-guy

So..  I've been watching She-ra.  Started watching because one of the characters was familiar and was trying to figure out why.  

It's such an odd show.  Theres a huge contrast in art. Like you can go from twinkly fairy princesses in one scene to dark alien hiding in the shadows planning on how to kill everyone in the next.  

There's a few episodes that are not so good. But overall I am enjoying the story.
I get Avatar TLA vibes at times.  The villains have better arcs here than a lot of shows.  
There's good diversity in the cast.

Legend

Community is great. Umbrella is good, could be better. The Boys is where it's at for superheroes
The boys is pretty good. I'm still a few episodes behind for the second season.

the-pi-guy

Did something crazy. Bought something off eBay.  

Been wanting to get the Futurama complete collection.  But then I was trying to figure out how to get the blurays.  Then I found it was the same cost to buy the complete collection plus the blurays as it would be to buy the blu rays plus the individual seasons that don't have blu ray.  

And then I found someone who was selling what I needed on ebay to complete the collection.

the-pi-guy

2005 problems:

The psych complete collection is one of the worst I've ever seen packaging wise. Every season is literally in a stack of disks.

At least it was cheap.  

the-pi-guy

Did something crazy. Bought something off eBay.  

Been wanting to get the Futurama complete collection.  But then I was trying to figure out how to get the blurays.  Then I found it was the same cost to buy the complete collection plus the blurays as it would be to buy the blu rays plus the individual seasons that don't have blu ray.  

And then I found someone who was selling what I needed on ebay to complete the collection.
So much regret.  Most of the disks are good, but 6 of them are ruined.  
Lots of yellow discoloration patterns on the disk.  

Legend

So much regret.  Most of the disks are good, but 6 of them are ruined.  
Lots of yellow discoloration patterns on the disk.  
Buying used is such a gamble, but the product should at least work. Did he not test them first?

the-pi-guy

Buying used is such a gamble, but the product should at least work. Did he not test them first?
I don't know.  
They have good reviews, and all the disks seem to be good enough to start.  Like I was able to get the first 3 episodes, but after that, it went south.  

So I think I'm going to assume it's an honest mistake.  

Go Up