The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm not sure if we have a VR thread or not. I did a search and it brought back quite a few Individual Vr related threads, but nothing official. If I missed it let me know and I"ll lock this one and post there.

Found this sweet painting app call Tilt Brush. Reminds me of dreams.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think Vive is getting delayed. It's September and we don't have a date or price yet. If it was coming this holiday we'd be able to pre order by now.

kitler53

you misspelt flop.

I think Vive is getting delayed. It's September and we don't have a date or price yet. If it was coming this holiday we'd be able to pre order by now.
i think you are right.  when is OR coming?   spring right?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

you misspelt flop.
i think you are right.  when is OR coming?   spring right?
Both Morpheus and OR are coming "Q1 2016"
So yes.

kitler53

So yes.
makes sense to launch along side that at least somewhat closely.  VR won't be much use without games after-all. 

the-pi-guy

makes sense to launch along side that at least somewhat closely.  VR won't be much use without games after-all.
Everyone's hoping for bad stuff apps though.  

kitler53

Everyone's hoping for bad stuff apps though.  
naughtiness is a sport and sports are games. 

darkknightkryta

Sony brought Morpheus to Fan Expo this year.  You had to download an app, do some fancy with it, and then get a ticket for it.  Weirdest line system I've ever seen.  So I didn't do it :(

BananaKing

So yes.
Morpheus is coming "first half" of 2016. not Q1. so its most likely Q2.

the-pi-guy

Morpheus is coming "first half" of 2016. not Q1. so its most likely Q2.
I see quite a few places listing Q1.  

7H3

better be early q1 while holiday shopping is still doing well or might as well wait until q3/4
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

GAF has a thread wondering if PC supporting PSVR would benefit Sony.  

Everyone seems to contend that PC gamers would buy it, would not buy any PSVR games.  
Which doesn't make any sense at all to me.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Everyone seems to contend that PC gamers would buy it, would not buy any PSVR games.  
It would benefit Sony, They wont sell the thing for a loss. People that want it for PC and PS4 will by a PSVR before Oculus or Vive because it would work with both.

Legend

If you have a PC strong enough to run VR, you most likely are primarily a PC player.

The only PSVR games they'd buy would be exclusives, just like the only PS4 games they buy are exclusives.

It would benefit Sony, They wont sell the thing for a loss. People that want it for PC and PS4 will by a PSVR before Oculus or Vive because it would work with both.
If it comes out at $399 and they are targeting the enthusiasts, yeah I think PC support would be smart.

However if they go for the mass market price of $199 then it needs to be exclusive. With this strategy they'd be making money off software and expanding the VR market, not off the hardware. OR and Vive cannot go this low.

Go Up