The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

I tried watching one of his vids once... couldn't stand it...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

I tried watching one of his vids once... couldn't stand it...
Haha I'm with you there.

Robbaz is about my cap for comedy youtube players. Anything beyond that is just too far out for me.

the-pi-guy

I often don't have time to play games myself, why would I watch other people play games?  

7H3

I watch others play only when i can't find the info i'm looking for on a game easily... I'm not a big fan of youtube actually... not a hater, just not my preferred source for anything
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

I often don't have time to play games myself, why would I watch other people play games?  
  • Games cost money, youtube is free
  • games take time, let's plays are usually condensed
  • games require your constant attention, let's plays keep going even if you stop paying attention
  • their personalities are fun and interesting, often times playing games completely different than you do

I've really got into let's plays and game streaming since I started working as a dev. Depending on what type of thing I'm working on, it's great to have them running on my second monitor.

Dr. Pezus

Man, PES faces look miles better

Xevross

Man, PES faces look miles better
Yeah they really do, some of those fifa faces are hilarious in comparison

Legend

Only missed the first one.

the-pi-guy

PSVR or OR, that is the question.....

Legend

PSVR or OR, that is the question.....
Can't forget Vive.

The only thing OR has going for it is exclusives and support IMO. Vive has better specs and is just a much better hardware solution, but most games will probably lack official support. Then PSVR has great hardware and great software, but it has worse graphics. PS4 is mighty powerful enough, but graphic joker games will naturally look better on PC.

Assuming you have a gaming rig, honestly think it comes down to what type of VR games you want to play. OR if you want to play every game in VR, Vive if you want graphic joker games in VR, and PSVR if you want VR dedicated games. Personally I'm getting PSVR for PS4/work and hopefully Vive for PC.

the-pi-guy

Can't forget Vive.

The only thing OR has going for it is exclusives and support IMO. Vive has better specs and is just a much better hardware solution, but most games will probably lack official support. Then PSVR has great hardware and great software, but it has worse graphics. PS4 is mighty powerful enough, but graphic joker games will naturally look better on PC.

Assuming you have a gaming rig, honestly think it comes down to what type of VR games you want to play. OR if you want to play every game in VR, Vive if you want graphic joker games in VR, and PSVR if you want VR dedicated games. Personally I'm getting PSVR for PS4/work and hopefully Vive for PC.
Does the consumer OR still have that non-RGB display thingy?
I'd love to get one for PS4 and PC, but moneys gotta be tight for a while.  
I'd get a PSVR easily, but I'm concerned about support.  
If PC support were to dry up, at least then people would probably mod quite a few games anyway.  

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Go Up