The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Sweeeeet!!!

I wonder where they will go with the story.
I know I can't wait.  I guess they said there will be a moment in the game where we get to choose what ending from the first you want to go with. I think, i thought I read that in Era, but not sure if it was true.

Dr. Pezus

So how is XCOM2, @Legend?

Legend

So how is XCOM2, @Legend?
Awesome. Very high quality menus and tries to incorporate them into the scene. For example once the map has loaded, the lights in the helicopter thing turn red like you're over the drop zone. Also the menus use the whole range of PS4 inputs instead of just X an O. This is best shown at the very beginning when selecting the difficulty. It has the X and O symbols in the bottom left of the screen saying "Select" and "Back." These are floating above the game like a subtitle. Thus within the menu screen itself (placed as if it was a hologram/screen within the world), pressing X does not confirm the difficulty; it only selects it. Instead their is a menu prompt to the right that includes the Square symbol within the menu itself signifying how to progress and start the game.

Combat is also good at using multiple buttons for the menu but sometimes it feels like they went overboard. Both the d-pad and L1/R1 are used to scroll left and right depending on the current menu. For being a turn based game, I feel this could have been simplified to just only use the d-pad. Also in combat the menu is presented as a simple HUD and it is far less engaging.

Legend

Turtle Rock is making a AAA competitive FPS in a "globally known game franchise" | ResetEra

Thanks to Slicer Dyster for noticing this. Feel free to take your bets.

They're hiring A LOT of people to work on this, so it's presumably a fairly large project.

Looking to work on a globally known game franchise? Join our exceptional development team as a Senior Level Designer on an unannounced AAA title.Click to expand...
  • Demonstrated experience working with modern FPS engines (UE4, etc.)
  • Demonstrated experience working on competitive FPSs
  • Experience with AAA First Person action titles
Source: https://turtle-rock-studios.workable.com/j/0F4BEAD0D8  

Dr. Pezus

What's turtle rock?

the-pi-guy

Legend

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

I started playing the Ezio collection again and it just reminds me how much I loved AC how it used to be.  

BananaKing

I've bought the division. There was a PS+ double sale and the game was just 10 bucks.

Don't play Zombi by the way, I was 75% through and then ran into a game breaking bug. And apperantly it's pretty widespread

nnodley

Is there any specific reason why Sony still has a $5 funding minimum on purchases?  Just bought the wipeout omega collection since it was on sale for $12 and since there is a $5 minimum it charges me $5 and uses like $8 from my wallet since I had $10 in it already.

Apparently the collection is awesome on PSVR so excited to try it.

BananaKing

Is there any specific reason why Sony still has a $5 funding minimum on purchases?  Just bought the wipeout omega collection since it was on sale for $12 and since there is a $5 minimum it charges me $5 and uses like $8 from my wallet since I had $10 in it already.

Apparently the collection is awesome on PSVR so excited to try it.
Wut? I never had that issue. Maybe because I'm not on an American account.

nnodley

Wut? I never had that issue. Maybe because I'm not on an American account.
Hmm, so the $5 minimum is just an American thing?  Its not a huge deal, but its just weird I had $10 in my wallet and and it only uses 8 because of that minimum.

Xevross

Hmm, so the $5 minimum is just an American thing?  Its not a huge deal, but its just weird I had $10 in my wallet and and it only uses 8 because of that minimum.
Pretty certain there's a minimum in the UK as well.

BananaKing

Wait maybe I'm not getting this right. But what exactly is this minimum? I have to have 5$ minimum in my account? Or what exactly

Go Up