PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Well I'm just using the logic that I'd spend 15+ dollars on a movie at the theatre and never get my money back and not care. So I can justify 2 hours of entertainment for 15 dollars.

you guys pay 15 dollars for a ticket? dang! we pay 9 bucks lol.

and yeah, i use that logic as well, or my current standards evolved from using it. game =/= movies. 

Legend

Movie tickets here are $1.25 if you use expired 7 year old coupons.

Otherwise it's $2.50.

Elvis Cinnimas is the bomb.

Xevross

I can see PS4 winning December in US and UK and giving MS a taste of their own PR medicine

Dr. Pezus

I can see PS4 winning November and December in US and UK and giving MS a taste of their own PR medicine
Wut?

darkknightkryta

you guys pay 15 dollars for a ticket? dang! we pay 9 bucks lol.

and yeah, i use that logic as well, or my current standards evolved from using it. game =/= movies. 

Yeah, imax and AVX is 20.  Games != movies is true.  I feel you get more value for your dollar.  I'm just saying, we throw away that much money on movies for a one time experience and that last 2 hours on average.  I don't see why people complain about the price of games.

Xevross

Rorono

I'm sure it will in the UK, i mean even November sounds like it was already very close so it should go back up to #1 in December
US is harder because it's (supposedly) the final weeks for X1's lower price and that'll draw in late jumpers who held out trying to decide if they should buy it or not
It'll also be hard to use Amazon to measure anything because right now they are only selling the regular SKU.. neither white Destiny nor the BF bundles (which are still sold at retail) are available

BananaKing

Yeah, imax and AVX is 20.  Games != movies is true.  I feel you get more value for your dollar.  I'm just saying, we throw away that much money on movies for a one time experience and that last 2 hours on average.  I don't see why people complain about the price of games.

because in a movie you "go out" instead of staying at home. its an "experience" you cant get at home. basically people are willing to go out with their friends, spend lots of money during that time, well more than 60$. but wouldnt like to buy a game at 60$ when they would spend night on it, not just one.

people just seem more willing to spend money when they are going out. for me, i buy lots of games, so saving 10 bucks on a game means something. because if i save 10 on each game i buy every year or so, they would add up to a lot of money.

Kapi96

At that price people should be complaining about movie prices. That's crazy expensive!

Dr. Pezus

I wonder when Polyphony Digital will update their website...

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Last update in March 2013. Maybe when they announce the next GT?

Kapi96

I wonder when Polyphony Digital will update their website...

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Last update in March 2013. Maybe when they announce the next GT?

Considering they didn't update it for GT6 I wouldn't count on it.

Dr. Pezus

Considering they didn't update it for GT6 I wouldn't count on it.
They did update shortly after announcing GT6 though

Kapi96

They did update shortly after announcing GT6 though

I suppose that's something at least.

darkknightkryta

Dec 16, 2014, 12:36 AM Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014, 12:42 AM by darkknightkryta

At that price people should be complaining about movie prices. That's crazy expensive!

Welcome to Canada.

@NotBananaKing
You're right, but people spend a lot of time online.  It's in a way a "night out".  I'm not saying saving money on games is bad either.  I'm just saying, you buy a game, as long as you get your money's worth, I don't see a problem.  A game can be a 9 or a game can be a 7.  If both give me what I equate to 60 dollars then the game did its job.  How do we equate that though?  I chose to relate it to what I spend on movies regardless.  In some other instances, I equate it to how many "quarters".  Though, those are generally for arcade games (Street Fighter, X-men port, etc).  If I die or win the game once without dying, that's 50 cents.  Cause that's what I would have spent at the arcades.

the-pi-guy

Movie tickets here are 7$

Go Up