E3 2014 Predictions/Hopes

Started by Raven, May 04, 2014, 12:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

What do you guys think we'll see at E3 and what are you hoping for even if it feels like a pipe dream?

the-pi-guy

-Sony Bend
-Guerrilla
-Entwined
-Guns up!
-Uncharted 4
-KillStrain
-Ahhh shucks, i forgot the most important one  -Project Beast

I don't know what else!

Raven

7 Rumored Games We Hope To See At E3 2014

The Last Guardian for the PlayStation 4

Project Beast (Working Title)

Halo

Homefront 2

Fallout 4

Rainbow Six: Patriots

Unannounced Retro Studios Project

When it comes to Nintendo's close-knit studios, there's arguably not a single one more beloved from their fans than Retro Studios, developer of the Metroid Prime and the revived Donkey Kong Country series. In an interview with Gamespot, Nintendo has confirmed that Retro Studios has been working non-stop on a new title ever since November and to add even more fuel to the speculative fire, Retro Studios has been hiring non-stop for AI and UI engineers for an upcoming project.

What could they possibly be working on? Shigeru Miyamoto has also hinted in the past that Retro Studios is a high-priority choice for working on an upcoming Metroid title (as well as a possible new Zelda game) and to not help the matter Reggie Fils-Aime went on-stage during SpikeTV's VGX 2014 awards with a Retro Studios employee rocking a Metroid pin on his jacket and acting extremely coy toward the future of the Metroid franchise. Here's hoping we'll see something new during Nintendo's E3 Nintendo Direct.

There's obviously a lot, and we mean a lot of games we want to see at E3 2014 and didn't have the time to list here. We'll probably do a second list with the community choices some time very soon so please leave what you hope to see in the comments below! In the meantime, here's some honorable mentions.

Far Cry 4 - Set in the Himalays

The next Mass Effect

Hitman sequel

Tomb Raider sequel

Mafia III

http://www.onlysp.com/7-rumored-games-we-hope-to-see-at-e3-2014/

Legend

There's obviously a lot, and we mean a lot of games we want to see at E3 2014 and didn't have the time to list here. We'll probably do a second list with the community choices some time very soon so please leave what you hope to see in the comments below! In the meantime, here's some honorable mentions.

Far Cry 4 - Set in the Himalays

The next Mass Effect

Hitman sequel

Tomb Raider sequel

Mafia III

http://www.onlysp.com/7-rumored-games-we-hope-to-see-at-e3-2014/

Full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images (e.g. magazine scans) are prohibited. Standard fair-use policies apply, and sources should always be attributed.

Raven

Full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images (e.g. magazine scans) are prohibited. Standard fair-use policies apply, and sources should always be attributed.

Wait, so I can't do what I use to on VGC? I can only link the article and give a brief summary?

Legend

Wait, so I can't do what I use to on VGC? I can only link the article and give a brief summary?

Yes.

That summary can be detailed and include all the information most people are interested in, but it still just needs to be a summary. Especially while we're small, we need to play nice with the news sites.

darkknightkryta

I really don't know what to expect this E3.  Final Fantasy has become so disappointing, same with Kingdom Hearts.  Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has really made me worry for Metal Gear Solid 5.  I have a feeling Nintendo is going to have another cluster fudge of an E3.  I really couldn't care less for Microsoft right now.  It's literally down to Sony's first party right now.

Raven

Yes.

That summary can be detailed and include all the information most people are interested in, but it still just needs to be a summary. Especially while we're small, we need to play nice with the news sites.

Well the silver lining for me there is that it's a pain to present the article in a similar fashion to the original since this site isn't friendly to copy and paste. :P

the-pi-guy

To be fair, it's a pretty standard rule. 
It's that way on Neogaf, it might be that way on VGC, but no one moderates that. 

Raven

May 04, 2014, 01:21 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:31 PM by Raven

I really don't know what to expect this E3.  Final Fantasy has become so disappointing, same with Kingdom Hearts.  Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has really made me worry for Metal Gear Solid 5.  I have a feeling Nintendo is going to have another cluster fudge of an E3.  I really couldn't care less for Microsoft right now.  It's literally down to Sony's first party right now.

Nintendo is just doing an awful job of presenting a good image of itself. You cannot ditch having a big press conference at E3 without looking defeated. The information on the games will still get out to the public but E3 conferences are like a spectacle. A kind of "show of force". Flexing your muscles at the competition. It creates an image that you're in the game. Some people don't get that and think it's fine that Nintendo not appear on that stage. It's going to have the same effect it did last year. People are going to get the impression Nintendo isn't even really trying. That's actually not far from the truth, either.

Microsoft interests me only by how what they show compares to what Sony shows. Microsoft has a lot of small studios but not very many core studios. So I'm interested to see if Microsoft has refocused its first party on bigger projects or if these announcements of all of these small studios and their projects is a type of smoke screen to blind people. Perhaps they want to make it seem like they have a lot of big games coming when they really don't. I'm really wondering if Microsoft is going to pull a Sony this year and show off a lot of multiplatform titles.

Raven

To be fair, it's a pretty standard rule. 
It's that way on Neogaf, it might be that way on VGC, but no one moderates that.

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm pretty sure news sites want people to actually go to their page and not find that someone is presenting every last detail of their article for consumption on someone else's site. I just got so used to VGC not caring. I wouldn't doubt it's a rule they don't follow but should be.

Raven

I'm thinking that if the insiders are telling the truth and this E3 for Sony is going to be crazy, here is what I would consider crazy:

- Bend Studio teases their new game
- A trailer for The Last of Us Remastered
- Uncharted 4 gets an in-game trailer, some details of the game are shared, and release window given
- Santa Monica Studio teases an internal project we didn't know about
- A third-party studio working with Santa Monica shows off a new game
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture gets a gameplay trailer and gives a release window
- The Order: 1886 gets an on-stage demonstration, a trailer, and a release date
- Journey announced as being ported to the PS4
- San Diego Studio teases their F2P game
- Driveclub gets an on-stage demonstration and shows off the social features
- Guerrilla Games shows their new IP and announces an early 2015 release
- Media Molecule shows their new IP
- LittleBigPlanet 3 announced
- Quantic Dream teases their new PS4 game
- Beyond: Two Souls confirmed as being ported to the PS4
- Project Beast gets shown, has a proper name, and is announced as releasing this year
- The Last Guardian finally gets re-revealed, is coming to PS4, and is releasing in 2015
- PlanetSide 2 trailer with release date
- Destiny trailer with reveal of exclusive PlayStation content

Xevross

I'm thinking that if the insiders are telling the truth and this E3 for Sony is going to be crazy, here is what I would consider crazy:

- Bend Studio teases their new game
- A trailer for The Last of Us Remastered
- Uncharted 4 gets an in-game trailer, some details of the game are shared, and release window given
- Santa Monica Studio teases an internal project we didn't know about
- A third-party studio working with Santa Monica shows off a new game
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture gets a gameplay trailer and gives a release window
- The Order: 1886 gets an on-stage demonstration, a trailer, and a release date
- Journey announced as being ported to the PS4
- San Diego Studio teases their F2P game
- Driveclub gets an on-stage demonstration and shows off the social features
- Guerrilla Games shows their new IP and announces an early 2015 release
- Media Molecule shows their new IP
- LittleBigPlanet 3 announced
- Quantic Dream teases their new PS4 game
- Beyond: Two Souls confirmed as being ported to the PS4
- Project Beast gets shown, has a proper name, and is announced as releasing this year
- The Last Guardian finally gets re-revealed, is coming to PS4, and is releasing in 2015
- PlanetSide 2 trailer with release date
- Destiny trailer with reveal of exclusive PlayStation content

My god that would be amazing but it is wishful thinking that all that is going to happen.

Raven

My god that would be amazing but it is wishful thinking that all that is going to happen.

Yeah. They're totally not going to show PlanetSide 2.  :-\

Xevross

Yeah. They're totally not going to show PlanetSide 2.  :-\

Lol I would say that's one of the more likely things seeing as its probably almost ready. Depends whether they think it deserves a space.