PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

on the good news front,.. the people being pulled off the mp project are probably being moved to the single player project.  xD
*Projects

the-pi-guy

Brand new single player experience feels like a soft confirmation of a new IP in the works?

But it's ambiguous.

the-pi-guy

After the studio was founded, the new game was one of three large-scale projects they were asked to submit to Sony for consideration. The idea was Sony would initially fund the development of one of them, but they were so impressed they offered to fund all three. Haven decided that they would concentrate on just the one project first rather than spread themselves too thin.
I think I shared this before, but apparently Sony offered to fund 3 games with Haven at the same time.

Interview.

Horizon

2023 - Spider-man 2,Helldivers 2
2024 - Death Stranding 2, Concord, Asobi game, TLOU Factions,
2025 - Ghost of Tsushima 2,Fairgame$,Twisted Metal,Wolverine, Horizon online
2026 - SSM game, Bend game, Bluepoint, London studio, Media Molecule
2027- Horizon 3, Housemarque,Firesprite game,GT8
2028- ND game,Spider-man 3

When you look at it like that they have a ton announce and I am forgetting xdev but clearly might want to hold some of these back to closer to release
TLOU factions will now be 2025 but ND's single player will be 2027 now with more people moving across.

the-pi-guy

My outlandish prediction is that the single player will come out sooner and the multiplayer game will come out later.

kitler53

or the mp doesn't come out at all.

...or the mp releases as not a GaaS title.  I was thinking that the criticism that I saw was Bungie said it didn't have longevity to keep people engaged long term.   that kind of makes sense in that ND is known for their story driven narratives and I think ND specifically talked about how this "expands the world of TLoU and pushes the limits of story driven open world blah blah blah.". story once experienced is something most don't come back over and over again for years on end. 

I wonder if they could just strip out the GaaS BS and release it as just a game and not a live service commitment.  ...I mean, Bungie didn't say it wasn't fun just that it lacked longevity or whatever. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Naughty Dog devs don't seem deterred

the-pi-guy

Legend

The talk about diminishing returns on sequels is interesting. It's why I hope Horizon 3 goes full RPG with a lot more choice and control.

I also think it's hurting their showcases. If almost every game is a sequel, there isn't that much you want to show. Ghost of Tsushima 2 for example doesn't need to be announced until it's 6 months away from release.

Horizon

The talk about diminishing returns on sequels is interesting. It's why I hope Horizon 3 goes full RPG with a lot more choice and control.

I also think it's hurting their showcases. If almost every game is a sequel, there isn't that much you want to show. Ghost of Tsushima 2 for example doesn't need to be announced until it's 6 months away from release.
I expect Horizon's evolution to be in scale with epic battles against massive machines on land,air and maybe water. I would love for melee combat to be improved too but the decima engine is one of engines which could handle massive interactive large scale battles. I think the final mission in the DLC hints at what GG is aiming for next game.

kitler53

I hate to compliment Nintendo but I kind of like what they do with many of their games. 

instead of a sequel focusing on story if focuses on a gameplay mechanic.  in the next game that mechanic is gone and something else is tried.   

makes the reason for a sequel to exist and be played much more obvious. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

You can see this pretty clearly with Naughty Dog. They release side projects like TLOU1 remake so their army of developers have something to do while their main project is in preproduction.

the-pi-guy

You can see this pretty clearly with Naughty Dog. They release side projects like TLOU1 remake so their army of developers have something to do while their main project is in preproduction.
Somehow I thought it was balanced a little differently.

kitler53

if the balance is soo loopsided you'd think more games would get greenlit for pre-production and fewer make it to full production.    seems "cheap" to try out a few different ideas and only finish what is working.

maybe that's reality and we just don't hear about all the cancelation except when it's barlog's game...

Go Up