Is TLOU2 the next gen showcase of 2020?

Started by Legend, Jul 07, 2020, 12:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's not on ps5 but I think it might be the most next gen game in 2020.

Others will run at much higher quality settings but I don't know if any of them will match the "this is the future" feeling I had while playing tlou2.

the-pi-guy

Probably.

So far there is nothing that comes close budget wise.

Legend

Probably.

So far there is nothing that comes close budget wise.
Cheaper next gen exclusives could also put up a fight like ratchet and clank, but after watching the ac gameplay I think almost everything is going to feel like current gen for a while, unlike last time where Shadow of Mordor or Titanfall had scaled back last gen versions.

Xevross

Graphically it will be beaten I think, perhaps by Spider-Man or some other PS5 launch exclusive. Maybe Cyberpunk could also beat it but I doubt it.

In terms of just "feel". Like the attention to detail, animation quality, voice acting and direction, polish and general production values... this isn't going to be beaten for a while. You can't really call it a next gen showcase since its running on PS4 but yeah, its insane. I think we'll be waiting until whatever comes next from Rockstar, Santa Monica or Naughty Dog themselves to top this game. I think those three devs are on their own level.