Let's design a forum!

Started by Legend, May 02, 2014, 10:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I've been adding dates to the calendar you bumb
Though I took a glance at changing the styles.  I'd have to research a bit more.  See where to find the styles to upload.

I hadn't noticed.

You should have forum rules and site news in a top section above the rest, and they should be something that no one can comment in except mods as needed...

I'm still working on that stuff but yeah I can set it so no one can comment. I'm thinking of having links added to the site header for rules and what not instead of making them stickied.

7H3

and maybe an introductions thread / section (sub)
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

darkknightkryta

So I changed the theme.  How does it look for people?  Is Mr. Tacos happy?

Xevross

So I changed the theme.  How does it look for people?  Is Mr. Tacos happy?

Its nicer to look at but the text colour doesn't stand out enough, its a bit hard to read.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah the theme is cool but it's too hard to read atm. Maybe change text colour around a bit

darkknightkryta

Its nicer to look at but the text colour doesn't stand out enough, its a bit hard to read.

I know, I just wanted to know if it changed for anyone.
Everyone the theme site is here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/
Have a look through and we'll pick one.  Put some suggestions and we'll set up a poll and vote for it.

7H3

perhaps red and black sony like colors?

7H3

I like this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1372 maybe change the color from green to blue or red though

darkknightkryta

That can be done.  I just have to go to church soon.  So I won't be back till later tonight.  Keep posting suggestions.

7H3

with the colors fixed a bit it does look better... maybe find a cool xo[]/\ blue b/g ?

Raven

I don't care what it is but for gawd's sake while we wait to figure it out please change it to something that isn't murdering my eyes!

DD_Bwest

until he fixes the text color, just highlight what you are trying to read lol

Legend

Oh gosh my eyes!!!

Feel free to make game specific themes for your personal browsing (yes you can do that) but the default needs to be game agnostic(and readable).

Raven

Should we fold certain news threads into a community thread for certain games? Such as the news thread about Watch Dogs' opening being brutal? It's not exactly big news and the game has its own thread.

Raven

Also, as far as the default theme is concerned, I think it should be something that catches your eye but not something that intimidates you. Something bright but not blinding. Not plain but not too show-y.

Go Up