Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Great third week for spidey. How much total have uncharted and GoW sold there?
Spidey has now sold more than GOW now. GOW is just over 300k. Uncharted I don't think we have any idea.

Dr. Pezus

Spidey has now sold more than GOW now. GOW is just over 300k. Uncharted I don't think we have any idea.
Uncharted maybe 500k? Either way, should outsell it!

BananaKing

Uncharted maybe 500k? Either way, should outsell it!
It should indeed. It also helps that Spidey is releasing near the holidays, I'm Nov and Dec it's legs can be pushed a lot by holiday shopping

Xevross

Also Spidey will have sold more digitally, with digital's share increasing every year. Game is going to be a juggernaut, should be close to 10m by the end of the year I think.

BananaKing

Also Spidey will have sold more digitally, with digital's share increasing every year. Game is going to be a juggernaut, should be close to 10m by the end of the year I think.
10 million is a huge number to reach within 4 months. But if they bundle it during the holidays or black Friday and it's legs are really strong during it just might be close. I'm thinking they might announce 7.X million for 2018

the-pi-guy

Spiderman is still holding insanely well.  
Im betting 5 million by the end of its second week.  
Some 7 million by the end of October guaranteed.  

Cute Pikachu

Sony and Nintendo continue to kill it in sales for exclusives.
Microsoft has done a good job too this year with Dea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Forza Horizon 4 being bigger Sellers.
Great year for all three.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

Sep 26, 2018, 12:10 AM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2018, 12:13 AM by Kerotan
Microsoft has done a good job too this year with Dea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Forza Horizon 4 being bigger Sellers.
Saying it's a great year for Xbox is very generous. They are doing very average. This stage last gen Sony were busting their balls to win gamers back. Microsoft in cruise control nearly just awaiting the start of next gen.

It should indeed. It also helps that Spidey is releasing near the holidays, I'm Nov and Dec it's legs can be pushed a lot by holiday shopping
Was just gonna say that. Initial sales and legs are incredible but there's no time for it to slow down. By the time it should black Friday will be upon us and then the Christmas sales. Sony timed this release perfectly. In fact the release schedule all year was perfectly placed.

BananaKing

Forza Horizon is definitely killing it for MS. The games keep improving in quality and sales. Heck i think its already outselling the main Forza series.

State of Decay seemed to have done well, but nothing amazing.

As for Sea of Thieves, I'm not sure, it seems its done better than other releases by MS, but the sales don't seem to be that high. However this type of game also needs to sustain its userbase for a long while, so time will tell more about the success of the game. MS did say it's successful though, so at least there is that.

But overall MS hasn't been living up to what they can and should be. The profits from their first party is no where near what it was from last gen, I can assure you that, doesn't mean they still aren't profitable generally, but last year they had a lot of huge hits between the 3 gears games, halo, Forza and other games.

Kerotan

Forza Horizon is definitely killing it for MS. The games keep improving in quality and sales. Heck i think its already outselling the main Forza series.

State of Decay seemed to have done well, but nothing amazing.

As for Sea of Thieves, I'm not sure, it seems its done better than other releases by MS, but the sales don't seem to be that high. However this type of game also needs to sustain its userbase for a long while, so time will tell more about the success of the game. MS did say it's successful though, so at least there is that.

But overall MS hasn't been living up to what they can and should be. The profits from their first party is no where near what it was from last gen, I can assure you that, doesn't mean they still aren't profitable generally, but last year they had a lot of huge hits between the 3 gears games, halo, Forza and other games.
Last year? You mean last gen no?

Not only what you said but they had so many more exclusives selling well not to mention 3rd party titles doing much better.

Kerotan

Famitsu digital sales estimates for August (Jul. 26 to Augst. 30): PS4 Mafia III - 91,725 PS4 Dead by Daylight Special Edition - 28,326 Switch Minecraft - 24,098 PS4 Border Break: Starter Pack - 22,295 Switch - Overcooked 2: 19, 040

Xevross

FIFA first week sales plummeted 25% YOY in the UK but it's still the #1 game of the year already. And of course that's physical only, digital will be up YOY. Split PS4 64%, XB1 35%, Switch 1%. Crazy dominance from PS4 this year.

Spider-Man overtook Far Cry 5 to become the #2 best selling game this year, insane performance

Xevross

02 (NE) FIFA 08 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 298,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 09 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 410,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 607,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 11 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 734,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 12 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 866,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 1,100,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 834,000 / NEW (Around 967,000 adding week 47, 2013 PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sales)
01 (NE) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 1,010,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 939,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 1,108,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 831,000 / NEW
01 (NE) FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 623,000 / NEW

Legend

FIFA first week sales plummeted 25% YOY in the UK but it's still the #1 game of the year already. And of course that's physical only, digital will be up YOY. Split PS4 64%, XB1 35%, Switch 1%. Crazy dominance from PS4 this year.

Spider-Man overtook Far Cry 5 to become the #2 best selling game this year, insane performance
Well that was a rollercoaster of a post. First you make me think FIFA is doomed and then you tell me it's stronger than ever!

BananaKing

Well that was a rollercoaster of a post. First you make me think FIFA is doomed and then you tell me it's stronger than ever!
It's not actually stronger than ever, or even close. It's the lowest it's sold physically in the last 9 years. And it breaks the trend of it being up every other year.

Go Up