PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

What about battle mode?
Haven't tried it yet, battle mode is something I never really cared for in these games.

the-pi-guy

*Pi buys a WiiU*
What do you have against the Wii U?

Yeah man this just makes me realise how amazing mario kart is. After playing MK for so long something just feels off here, the tracks aren't quite as smooth/ well put together as MK and the game just doesn't feel as fun to play. At least it has a good adventure mode though, which MK has been sorely missing since DS.

Edit: that being said, I still am getting used to the controls and trying to learn the tracks properly so it may end up feeling more smooth in the future.
Modnation Racers is the best I've seen on PlayStation.  Biggest downside is the loading times.

Xevross

What do you have against the Wii U?
Modnation Racers is the best I've seen on PlayStation.  Biggest downside is the loading times.
Well CTR is really great, once you get into a flow it feels just as amazing as mario kart its just a bit harder to get into that flow.

Dr. Pezus

Well CTR is really great, once you get into a flow it feels just as amazing as mario kart its just a bit harder to get into that flow.
It's called hardcore

Xevross

It's called hardcore
Yeah its definitely tricky, but a lot of the maps are designed in an annoying way which kinda disrupts the flow unless you've completely mastered them. Like narrower bits or really sharp corners where you have to brake. Kinda feels like mario kart on 200cc on some tracks and not in a good way.

DerNebel

Look at the names thrown around here, god this fudgy mentality of cheering and hoping for huge corporate acquisitions is seriously starting to disgust me.

What are your dream additions to Sony's first party studios? : PS4

None of these jokers could even explain what a Fromsoft purchase would do for them... but hey downvoting and calling me a PC elitist is much easier I guess.

/morning rant

Xevross

Look at the names thrown around here, god this fudgy mentality of cheering and hoping for huge corporate acquisitions is seriously starting to disgust me.

What are your dream additions to Sony's first party studios? : PS4

None of these jokers could even explain what a Fromsoft purchase would do for them... but hey downvoting and calling me a PC elitist is much easier I guess.

/morning rant
Yeah I'm not a fan of any platform holder buying devs in any scenario except saving them from death. At least with MS they're putting all the games on PC so its still available to most (still sucks though), but Sony buying devs to just hide them on playstation would suck for a lot of people. People cheering for Sony or others to buy devs is just so shaming.

BananaKing

Yeah I'm not a fan of any platform holder buying devs in any scenario except saving them from death. At least with MS they're putting all the games on PC so its still available to most (still sucks though), but Sony buying devs to just hide them on playstation would suck for a lot of people. People cheering for Sony or others to buy devs is just so shaming.
I have to disagree with that. Some devs grow alongside a publisher like GG and suckerpunch did. And buying them would allow them to grow and be fully dedicated to the platform, as well as allowing long term expansion. A studio like playground games made sense for the purchase, do did undead labs

DerNebel

I have to disagree with that. Some devs grow alongside a publisher like GG and suckerpunch did. And buying them would allow them to grow and be fully dedicated to the platform, as well as allowing long term expansion. A studio like playground games made sense for the purchase, do did undead labs
If a studio would otherwise go under, then fine. If a studio almost exclusively just works with one first party then that's also fine.

But both among Xbox and PS fans you are now seeing more and more people hope for those companies to buy developers that are already hugely successful as multiplat devs, even publishers are thrown around.

With Xbox especially, the community has basically completely accepted that as something that consumers should desire, since MS decided to turn corporate acquisitions into a marketing circus.

Xevross

Well sure it makes sense for some devs but devs that are already popular and successful don't need to be bought like this. And even then, you'd prefer a third party to buy them so their games stay available for everyone.

Anyways, I've now gotten properly into the groove of CTR and I'm loving it so much. Now I've gotten used to the controls and the tracks it just feels wonderful to play, especially as a light character (I'm playing Pura who's the cutest little kitty ever).

the-pi-guy

I would like to play ModNation....  

Legend

I like first party/second party exclusives. It's also beneficial at times for devs to be owned by a console maker. That said, obviously a studio shouldn't be bought just to make existing ips exclusive. Sony should only buy studios that are hungry to grow or need the help.

Xevross

Jun 24, 2019, 11:10 AM Last Edit: Jun 24, 2019, 11:20 AM by Xevross
Finally finished adventure mode, the final boss battle is battleship but anyway it was great. Now finally getting round to the nitro fueled tracks and holy shame they're amazing! So much better than the original tracks, shame there's no adventure mode for them. They're much wider generally, so much easier to get into a flow. Probably best to learn to play the game using these tracks then go for adventure mode later.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Go Up