The Youtube Gamer interestometer

Started by DD_Bwest, Jun 17, 2015, 12:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Halo 5 I can understand. Biggest Xbox franchise. Sells many millions on a single platform. Being pushed through ads.

What is really making me raise an eyebrow is watching the difference between Street Fighter 5 and Gears 4 grow. All the SF5 trailer did was give a quick look at two more characters. Granted, one of them is Cammy who is a fan favorite for obvious reasons. I just didn't think I'd see a brief character reveal trailer have nearly 300,000 more views than an actual gameplay demo of Microsoft's second biggest franchise.
There's a reason why Epic stopped with Gears which caused MS to panic to buy it.  It's a franchise that needs to be put on ice to build up hype for it.  MS didn't realize that when they bought the franchise.  It's also partially why Halo is so low right now.  I think the people who play it for story, don't care anymore.

BananaKing

Jun 28, 2015, 04:37 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015, 04:39 PM by NotBananaKing
There's a reason why Epic stopped with Gears which caused MS to panic to buy it.  It's a franchise that needs to be put on ice to build up hype for it.  MS didn't realize that when they bought the franchise.  It's also partially why Halo is so low right now.  I think the people who play it for story, don't care anymore.
its hard to care about a story when you know it will never have an end. Story Driven games can be really successful, but when they are, and they are dragged on forever, people lose interest. MS has made it clear, as long as they are in the video game business, there will always be another halo. and its just really hard to be excited when you know it will never have a real ending.

heck when they announced Halo 4 they said its a start of a new "trilogy", but after it released and they announced a new halo for XB1 at E3 2013, they said it stopped being a trilogy and is now a new "Saga". basically they are making their original plans even longer. so its hard to be all excited, because there is no ending in sight. its like getting excited about the story of days of our lifes.

Legend

TLG is ahead of Halo again

DerNebel

Jun 28, 2015, 04:55 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015, 05:01 PM by DerNebel
So the biggest video from MS' E3 that actually got its views on its own is Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2? That's kinda embarrassing honestly. Less circlejerking about being able to play 360 games and more caring for upcoming games Xbox folks.

But also kinda sad for Dreams, it can still gather more attention but at this point it's too obscure to grasp to really be hyped for it imo, hopefully they can clear that up at PGW. Also the OP forgot RIGS on the PS side. And the freaking DS III trailer has more than 7 times the views on the Playstation channel, that's kinda funny. :D

Mmm_fish_tacos

So the biggest video from MS' E3 that actually got its views on its own is Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2? That's kinda embarrassing honestly. Less circlejerking about being able to play 360 games and more caring for upcoming games Xbox folks.

But also kinda sad for Dreams, it can still gather more attention but at this point it's too obscure to grasp to really be hyped for it imo, hopefully they can clear that up at PGW. Also the OP forgot RIGS on the PS side. And the freaking DS III trailer has more than 7 times the views on the Playstation channel, that's kinda funny. :D
Well nobody really knows what dreams is about at this point, they should have done a better job talking about the game, I'm sure they could have spared 5 mins to tell people what to expect or show some game play other besides the creating part. So now every body thinks it's just an art "thing". PGS should clear up something for better or worst.

Aura7541

Well, Alex Evans meant for the Dreams announcement to be obscure and make us ask a lot of questions regarding the game. I can't wait to see what people can do with in this game.

Go Up