Disney: Bob Iger back as CEO

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 21, 2022, 03:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Nov 21, 2022, 03:09 AM Last Edit: Nov 21, 2022, 03:11 AM by the-pi-guy
Not too often a big CEO gets quietly fired.

This, despite getting his contract extended another 3 years

Legend

Wow!

Bob Iger was great for Disney but I don't recall Bob Chapek fumbling enough to warrant this. Haven't kept up with Disney news in a while though.

kitler53

Wow!

Bob Iger was great for Disney but I don't recall Bob Chapek fumbling enough to warrant this. Haven't kept up with Disney news in a while though.
nor I.  punished just because of inflation/rate hikes killing all stocks?   seems unfair to me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I imagine the thing with Florida didn't blow over well?

Not sure how true this is, but maybe the grooming stuff as well?  Though I've found nothing official on that, but rumours can still cause issues with stocks.

kitler53

I imagine the thing with Florida didn't blow over well?

Not sure how true this is, but maybe the grooming stuff as well?  Though I've found nothing official on that, but rumours can still cause issues with stocks.
I saw some sites pushing that narrative but I think it's BS.  it's from places that want to feel like they won. 

based on the immediate policy changes iger took the likely reason was chapek didn't have a great standing with "the talent".  kind of like musk,.. chapek had no respect for the people that work for the company treating them like a commodity that is easily replaced.  

with how quick things changed I wonder if there wasn't some kind of ultimatum made or threat of strike or something similar. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens