The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom launches May 12th

Started by Legend, Sep 13, 2022, 02:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Still not sure I'm hyped for the same map as botw.

kitler53

just starting the direct.  i'll get to it soon.  xD

but if zelda is announced it must have been at least a decent show.  i really hope switch 2 gets announced with BC.   i'm really getting to the point where switch is kind of compelling when you include all of it's software including all of those wiiU ports.  3 gens of games is a decent enough library to justify a nintendo console...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

just starting the direct.  i'll get to it soon.  xD

but if zelda is announced it must have been at least a decent show.
Eh....

Legend

Botw had a better name imo. Tears of the kingdom sounds fine but cheap. Doesn't get you pumped.

BananaKing

Botw had a better name imo. Tears of the kingdom sounds fine but cheap. Doesn't get you pumped.
I disagree. Breath of the wild sounds dumb

kitler53

i agree.  both sound dumb...

Legend

I disagree. Breath of the wild sounds dumb
Breath of the wild sounds dumb but it has an emotional "I want to explore" impact.

Tears of the Kingdom however just feels like a rehash with the _ of the _ format.

kitler53

can't wait for the 3rd entry in this trilogy: farts of the villages.

Legend

Sep 13, 2022, 09:09 PM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2022, 09:13 PM by Legend
Do we think it is tears like crying or tears like tearing paper? : gaming

lol this exact scenario was spoofed in the Mythic Quest tv show. People were confused by "Tears of the Anaren."

kitler53

it's nintendo so obviously they are going the way of one of the most overused tropes in fantasy...

the-pi-guy

Breath of the Wild kind of feels like a child hood cliche. As in it feels like something from a childhood. It feels somewhat familiar, like a phrase that existed before Zelda.

Tears of the Kingdom, might have played well, but it really just feels like they're copying the previous format.

BananaKing

Breath of the Wild kind of feels like a child hood cliche. As in it feels like something from a childhood. It feels somewhat familiar, like a phrase that existed before Zelda.

Tears of the Kingdom, might have played well, but it really just feels like they're copying the previous format.
Nintendo doing something they already did before? Not in a million years