Ubisoft going for $70/80€ games in the future

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 12, 2022, 07:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

nnodley

but i was told this was only Sony!!!  Why is sony so baaaaad

literally every big game will be $70 within a couple years.

kitler53

might as well just go to $99.  almost feels cheaper than $70...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

but i was told this was only Sony!!!  Why is sony so baaaaad

literally every big game will be $70 within a couple years.
It has been 2 years lol. Pretty obvious that the rest of the industry would eventually follow unless Sony backtracked.

nnodley

It has been 2 years lol. Pretty obvious that the rest of the industry would eventually follow unless Sony backtracked.
I know. Lol. It's just funny all the Xbox fanboys are saying it's only Sony. But they just aren't paying attention to the industry as a whole

BananaKing

Yeah buying day one isn't just interesting anymore for me. If I wait I'll get a better experience because most bugs would be patched, sometimes more content, and a cheaper price.

By raising the price they are getting more revenue true, but they are alienating some people from buying at launch or close to launch.

I know. Lol. It's just funny all the Xbox fanboys are saying it's only Sony. But they just aren't paying attention to the industry as a whole
It will become "okay" once Nintendo does it next with their new console.

kitler53

Yeah buying day one isn't just interesting anymore for me. If I wait I'll get a better experience because most bugs would be patched, sometimes more content, and a cheaper price.

By raising the price they are getting more revenue true, but they are alienating some people from buying at launch or close to launch.
It will become "okay" once Nintendo does it next with their new console.

There is a balance point between getting a better game at a better price and getting a game that's soo old it feels dated at the time you play it.  i feel like 1 year old is my target for finding that balance although tbh,.. most of the games i play are much older than that.   i'm currently playing rise of tomb raider (2015) and my next game with be from this list:
- ghost of tsushima (2020)
- the last of us II (2020)
- spider man (2018)
- valkyria chronicles 4 (2018)
- outer wilds (2019)
- control (2019)
- detroit (2018)

lol, too true.  too true.  at the same time sony will somehow get trashed for copying nintendo...

SWORDF1SH

Not sure why people complain about price, feels like game prices are in line with inflation or slightly behind.

Legend

Not sure why people complain about price, feels like game prices are in line with inflation or slightly behind.
For most games it seems like inflation is offset by monetizing other elements of the game. Assassin's Creed for example has a lot of microtransactions.

Also I'd be happy with smaller games. Assassin's Creed used to be 15-20 hours long yet Valhalla is 60 hours long. A price increase just feels like I'm paying for bloat I don't even want. I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller scope of their other AC games and the reduced price will just be a bonus.

BananaKing

There is a balance point between getting a better game at a better price and getting a game that's soo old it feels dated at the time you play it.  i feel like 1 year old is my target for finding that balance although tbh,.. most of the games i play are much older than that.   i'm currently playing rise of tomb raider (2015) and my next game with be from this list:
- ghost of tsushima (2020)
- the last of us II (2020)
- spider man (2018)
- valkyria chronicles 4 (2018)
- outer wilds (2019)
- control (2019)
- detroit (2018)

lol, too true.  too true.  at the same time sony will somehow get trashed for copying nintendo...

To me 1 year isn't that long. As long as its the same gen it generally wouldn't feel outdated for me. Unless its something that was released early in the gen.

Well sony always copies Nintendo. If you compare the two companies now they are almost identical

kitler53

i agree.  i think i played $70 for a few of my NES games...

...gamers are very "entitled".   they see a few games have released as "free" and expect all games to be free.  i remember getting very angry back on vgchartz with respect to the piracy advocates that essentially said that because it was a "copy" nothing was taken and in fact game developers were assholes for trying to prevent piracy.   the whole "if you had a machine that could make copies of apples wouldn't you be an bumb if you didn't use it to feed the hungry" argument really offended the crud out of me.