Bonnie Ross leaving 343 due to family health issues, MS restructuring 343

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 12, 2022, 07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

To that end, Microsoft also announced the leadership team is undergoing something of a restructure, splitting Bonnie Ross' role into three parts to better serve the franchise's growing footprint, which now includes a TV show and other cross-media projects.

the-pi-guy

I hope Bonnie's family is okay.

On a different note:
I have to wonder:

Is the issue that they have a few key people (like a small team of Halo brand managers) that are expected to figure out what the game, TV show, etc are supposed to look like?
I feel like I kind of called it here.

kitler53

"family medical issue" is probably MS saying "gtfo or we'll murder your children".

maybe i'm completely off base here but this is far to convenient for MS for me to believe this is entirely a coincidence that MS floundering flagship title is getting a full leadership change simply because of a voluntary medical leave.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I hope her and her family nothing but the best.

"family medical issue" is probably MS saying "gtfo or we'll murder your children".

maybe i'm completely off base here but this is far to convenient for MS for me to believe this is entirely a coincidence that MS floundering flagship title is getting a full leadership change simply because of a voluntary medical leave.
Halo has been on fire for almost a decade. If Microsoft wanted to force her out they wouldn't have waited till now.

kitler53

I hope her and her family nothing but the best.

Halo has been on fire for almost a decade. If Microsoft wanted to force her out they wouldn't have waited till now.
halo infinite released ~11 months ago and they just announced the delayed roadmap for season 3.  it's not the first exit ramp for 343 but it's an expected exit ramp.   ship a disaster and can't right the ship in a year.  goodbye.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens