September 2022 Games Mess

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 08, 2022, 03:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Tron Identity by Blithell Games (2023)<br>Illusion Island &nbsp;(2023)<br>Midnight Suns (2nd December 2022)<br>Marvel Strike Force (Mobile)<br>Marvel Snap (18th October 2022)<br>Aliens: <br>Avatar<br>Star Wars Skywalker Saga<br>Return to Monkey Island<br>Gargoyles Remastered<br><br>Speedstorm<br>Dream light Valley<br>Avatar: Reckoning<br>Skydance<br>

I missed a few, but here we go

kitler53

Sep 09, 2022, 08:31 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022, 08:41 PM by kitler53

i couldn't find everything but this is what i could find.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

all and all a bad showing.  i'll hope for the best on illusion island and speedstorm but the trailers aren't giving me a lot of confidence.   i'll probably end up playing marvel snap just because i'm not playing anything on mobile atm.

not sure what to think about the captain america game.  

Legend

Sep 09, 2022, 09:05 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022, 09:08 PM by Legend
Sorry I missed this. Got distracted with work, would have had it on in the background. So I'm using this post for my reactions.

A Bithel Tron game? Cool. Their past two games were slightly disappointing but I'm hopeful this one improves on them.

Oh mentioning Avatar!

lol that's it? Just a mention that the game exists?!?! I wonder if this is what you teased Pi!

Ooh more avatar, a phone game  :P

lol wtf was that marvel game reveal? Spent so long building the atmosphere teasing a specific type of game, and then it just throws four characters in your face and calls it a day.

0.5/10

the-pi-guy

lol that's it? Just a mention that the game exists?!?! I wonder if this is what you teased Pi!

Yeah, there was a leak of "multiple Avatar games".

Didn't realize that meant 7 frames of the announced one, and a mobile one announced.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

didn't expect to see a sequel to GoT announced soon soon...

Legend

Live reactions as I watch, starting form the preshow.

Done with preshow. Nothing interesting.

This show is going to have nothing, right? Mario looks nice at least.

Just cut their own announcers off and switched to Riders Republic lol.

Skipped Mythic Quest since I'm still in season 2.

New trackmania? Cool

On to Assassin's Creed. Guess it'll be the only big thing today.

lol this actress from the Expanse has such a recognizable voice.

Very prince of persia.

Looks ok. Not sure what will set it apart though.

Open world AC for mobile. Combined with avatar mobile it looks like ubi is trying to make full games for phones.

Wow announcing a second full AC too! Codename red. Sounds amazing if it's from the Odyssey team. In japan.

Wow wow a third full AC! Codename hexe.

Oh gosh a game launcher? Going gaas? Sure sounds like it. Way to turn those last 2 teases from something incredible to something kinda worrying.

the-pi-guy

It's official.

nnodley

Oh gosh a game launcher? Going gaas? Sure sounds like it. Way to turn those last 2 teases from something incredible to something kinda worrying.
From what i've read its just a hub where all the future AC content lives which could probably double as gaas if you can buy content there.  Supposed to have an animus style UI and as new games release they will be like a new memory you can access.  Sounds like they are coming back to embracing the old school AC but still reimagining them to have some of the upgrade the previous RPG's one had.  I like that it sounds like they are going to mix large scale RPG AC games with smaller more stealthy games like how the first AC games were.

kitler53

From what i've read its just a hub where all the future AC content lives which could probably double as gaas if you can buy content there.  Supposed to have an animus style UI and as new games release they will be like a new memory you can access.  Sounds like they are coming back to embracing the old school AC but still reimagining them to have some of the upgrade the previous RPG's one had.  I like that it sounds like they are going to mix large scale RPG AC games with smaller more stealthy games like how the first AC games were.
all i can say is lbp3 sucks because of this.

nnodley

all i can say is lbp3 sucks because of this.
yeah i've never seen LBP3's hub, but hopefully Infinity works well

kitler53

yeah i've never seen LBP3's hub, but hopefully Infinity works well
it's like any other "hub world" i've ever seen.  it's an unnecessary load screen between you and the think you want to do.  

nnodley

it's like any other "hub world" i've ever seen.  it's an unnecessary load screen between you and the think you want to do.  
Well they also say the modern day stuff all lives within infinity now and not within the games where you play in the past so who knows.

It sounds interesting but I wish they showed a demo of it or something

the-pi-guy

Go Up