PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 07, 2022, 06:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Microsoft is either the No. 4 or No. 5 competitor in the video game industry, depending on how you count, he said. And the No. 1 player, Sony Group Corp., has made several recent acquisitions. "So if this is about competition, let us have competition," Nadella said.

Seems like he is including Apple/Google in this list of competitors.

I don't think Sony is the number 1 by any such measure though. I am pretty sure Tencent has been #1 as of the past year or two.

Also insane that he's equating Sony's recent acquisitions as being anything remotely on the scale of Activision.

Legend

Also insane that he's equating Sony's recent acquisitions as being anything remotely on the scale of Activision.
If Nadella and Spencer had honest takes I'd support them. Industry consolidation sucks but it is what it is.

The lying and mobilization of their fanbase however is one of the most toxic elements of the industry. I hope it backfires on them.

kitler53

Sep 22, 2022, 04:09 PM Last Edit: Sep 22, 2022, 04:11 PM by kitler53
"i heard sony wants to have some competition.   wtf,.. why you no let me bring this gun to our baseball game?"  ~MS

...and bethesda.    ...which came after those 5-10 or so individual studios.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I hope it backfires on them.
You know it won't. Gamepass has the hearts of millions of gamers.

the-pi-guy

Some fun facts:

The cost of Activision = $68,700,000,000
The cost of the top 16 acquisitions (excluding Activision) = $59,970,000,000

Two of these other acquisitions are also by Microsoft (Zenimax at $8,100,000,000 and Mojang at $2,500,000,000) Overall their 3 biggest acquisitions come out to $79.3 billion.

Sony meanwhile, their 3 biggest acquisitions (Bungie, Gaikai, Insomniac Games) comes out to $4.2 billion.

Microsoft has spent almost 20x as much as Sony had on gaming acquisitions.

kitler53

great tweet zhuge!

the-pi-guy

'we have one goal'
*lists two things*

kitler53

then announce starfield for ps5 mother fudge maker.  commit that EVERY ms release will be on playstation if i'm to believe you want gamers to have choice in platform soo much.  

what's that?  no?

...yeah, didn't think so.

Go Up