New PS5 system software update is out globally today!

Started by kitler53, Sep 07, 2022, 04:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I feel like PS4 updates were bigger deals. Maybe it just launched less complete.

kitler53

I feel like PS4 updates were bigger deals. Maybe it just launched less complete.
it definitely launched less complete.

features being added are just less exciting.  not that there is really anything i feel like i'm missing but nothing much is being added.  really all i can say is that "activity cards" are dumb and should be removed and that pressing the "home" button should take me to the home screen and not the "quick menus".   pretty much all the features are there they just need to be rearranged a bit for faster access.

nnodley

it definitely launched less complete.

features being added are just less exciting.  not that there is really anything i feel like i'm missing but nothing much is being added.  really all i can say is that "activity cards" are dumb and should be removed and that pressing the "home" button should take me to the home screen and not the "quick menus".   pretty much all the features are there they just need to be rearranged a bit for faster access.

yes a long press of the PS button should be the quick menu instead.  Its such a minor annoyance but good lord i still always just hit expecting to go to home.

kitler53

spend a few minutes with gamelists,.. so happy!

i can add the same game to multiple lists which i wasn't sure of before.  backlog management just got insanely better.  i'm soo glad they didn't go with "folders".  i feel like that is a solution only for those couple of guys that install 6 Tb harddrives and download absolutely everything they own to the harddrive.  

the-pi-guy

i feel like that is a solution only for those couple of guys that install 6 Tb harddrives and download absolutely everything they own to the harddrive.  

It's 8 TB bruh.  8)

nnodley

I like that the game lists can include every game in your library whether installed or not But I would still like to have a folder option for main game area. Or just give an option to pin the game list to the home menu

kitler53

I like that the game lists can include every game in your library whether installed or not But I would still like to have a folder option for main game area. Or just give an option to pin the game list to the home menu
Already exists. I've been using it for months. 

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/all-the-new-features-in-the-latest-ps5-and-ps4-update-4219740

"Keep in home"

nnodley

Already exists. I've been using it for months.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/all-the-new-features-in-the-latest-ps5-and-ps4-update-4219740

"Keep in home"
yeah i've used that. I mean for the new game list feature.  So i can pin the game list in home as a tile and then it drops down into all the games in it when you click on it.

kitler53

yeah i've used that. I mean for the new game list feature.  So i can pin the game list in home as a tile and then it drops down into all the games in it when you click on it.
Ah..  i skipped right over the word "list" in your sentence.  Oops.