Firewall Ultra announced for PSVR2

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 06, 2022, 03:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Since PS VR2 offers a much higher level of visual fidelity with 4K HDR, we've completely remade all character models. The maps have also seen a complete overhaul, with new areas and new textures. There will also be new locations and contractors, but it wouldn't be a Firewall game without the weaponry and equipment, which also feature a much deeper level of customization.  
On top of all that, Firewall Ultra utilizes new PlayStation VR2 Sense Technology features like eye tracking, which enables you to intuitively swap weapons and bring up HUD indicators through cameras built into the PS VR2 headset. If you haven't already, make sure you check out our announcement trailer for a first look of what's on the horizon for Firewall Ultra.  

the-pi-guy

Makes me think there won't be a showcase.     :(

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Or the showcase is bigger than we could have dreamed, it&#39;s spilling over /s<br>

kitler53

neat.   not my thing but looks pretty good.

On top of all that, Firewall Ultra utilizes new PlayStation VR2 Sense Technology features like eye tracking, which enables you to intuitively swap weapons and bring up HUD indicators through cameras built into the PS VR2 headset. If you haven't already, make sure you check out our announcement trailer for a first look of what's on the horizon for Firewall Ultra. 
that's much more than i expected out of eye tracking.   this is going to be good.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

neat.   not my thing but looks pretty good.

that's much more than i expected out of eye tracking.   this is going to be good.

I'd say eye tracking is the most important VR advancement since positional tracking back in Oculus's Crystal Cove prototype.

kitler53

I'd say eye tracking is the most important VR advancement since positional tracking back in Oculus's Crystal Cove prototype.
I thought it was for rendering to increase graphics.  Didn't ever think about it for menu selection.  Not sure i like the idea…

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I thought it was for rendering to increase graphics.  Didn't ever think about it for menu selection.  Not sure i like the idea…
Lots of current games already have you look at things to interact. This way it's actually you looking at them, not you facing your head towards them.