Halo Infinite cancels split screen plans, delays everything else

Started by Legend, Sep 01, 2022, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Sep 01, 2022, 04:18 PM Last Edit: Sep 01, 2022, 04:27 PM by the-pi-guy
On the one hand, I don't have any connection to Halo.

On the other hand, all the delays and other issues, I'm really wondering what is going on with Halo/343 Industries? (Not like it's a new problem, but they're consistently having issues.).

kitler53

holy fukt.   the fans of halo infinite must be crushed.  all both of them...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Sep 01, 2022, 04:44 PM Last Edit: Sep 01, 2022, 04:53 PM by Legend
On the one hand, I don't have any connection to Halo.

On the other hand, all the delays and other issues, I'm really wondering what is going on with Halo/343 Industries? (Not like it's a new problem, but they're consistently having issues.).
They keep getting worse over time too. Halo 4 was the studio's first game and it was very well made. People disliked artistic elements but it never felt like the studio was held back. Nowadays I'd be ecstatic if 343 could make something comparable to Halo 4.

edt:

kitler53

read an awesome post and have to copy&pasta it here:

"makes sense.  they probably took some statistics from halo 5 and determined no one was using it."

BananaKing

It seems that 343 has problems with management and are bloated.  They keep missing the mark and it gets worse and worse. They just seem dysfunctional at this point and I wonder if keeping halo with them is the best option. They have ID, infinity ward, sledgehammer and Treyarch that can most probably make a better halo.

But I wonder if 343 can make a successful new IP at this point. Its hard, talented teams failed before like SMS. I wonder if the constraints of working with somebody else's IP and an established franchise is actually keeping production running. They at least have an idea of what halo is and should be that they need achieve. If they are working on a new IP I think a lack of a coherent vision and mismanagement would result it ending up in development hell

kitler53

the studio is clearly dysfunctional. there are really only 3 viable paths forward:

1. get rid of all management and hope new management can create change. 

2. disband the studio reassigned the employees into numerous other more successful studios so that 343i bad behaviors don't poison the other studios. 

3. close the studio and fire everyone. 

the-pi-guy

I have to wonder:

Is the issue that they have a few key people (like a small team of Halo brand managers) that are expected to figure out what the game, TV show, etc are supposed to look like?

Or is the issue that no one is really in charge and they're trying to do lots of different things and not really enough people to do any of the things?

Or is it one of a million other things? I'm surprised there aren't like 5 Jason Schreier articles on it. 

It's surprising because it's such a huge studio. And all of their projects are big collaborations.