Pi tries to predict a Sony showcase; Sony drops a State of Play... again.

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 18, 2022, 10:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

• State of Play September 2022: Sep 13, 2022, 10:00 PM End Countdown
Go Down

Dr. Pezus

I guess they'll show GoW in November lulz

kitler53

I guess they'll show GoW in November lulz
I'm certain GoW will get a dedicated state of play like GT did.   ~2-3 weeks before release sounds like a reasonable window to me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Can somebody make a countdown for this?

the-pi-guy

Can somebody make a countdown for this?
The deed is done.

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>Helldivers 2<br>God of War Ragnarok<br>Silent Hill<br>From Software exclusive?<br>Forspoken<br>Astrobot VR<br>Horizon Call of the Mountain<br>Some random Japanese game<br>

My predictions for the show

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:

Helldivers 2
God of War Ragnarok
Silent Hill
From Software exclusive?
Forspoken
Astrobot VR
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Some random Japanese game

My predictions for the show
Seems a bit much. Remove GOW and unannounced yet really hype games.

the-pi-guy

Seems a bit much. Remove GOW and unannounced yet really hype games.
I was just thinking 2 or 3 of these would show up.

But this might be a small show?

BananaKing

Im expecting a small show

Some indies
Forespoken
A small GoW trailer
Hell divers 2

the-pi-guy

Sounds like it will be a small show.

So I am wondering where are these big game announcements supposed to be?

BananaKing

Sounds like it will be a small show.

So I am wondering where are these big game announcements supposed to be?
I wonder if announcing big games as a suprise is the best thing to do anymore.

Ubisoft made an online show and said the future installments of AC was there. And I wonder if more companies would take that approach going forward.

For example Sony could announce a stare of play and detail that Naughty Dogs or GG next game would be shown there.

I can understand people like suprises and suprises announcements. But does every big game reveal need to be a suprise?

kitler53

Sep 13, 2022, 02:40 PM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2022, 02:49 PM by kitler53
I was just thinking 2 or 3 of these would show up.

But this might be a small show?
i was going to agree with legend.  20 minutes and 10 games means,.. don't expect an E3 show like you had listed.   at most there will be 1 big game and since they specifically mention psvr 2 my best bet would be something astro bot related.

there will be at least a few indie level games in that list of 10 especially for anything announced for psvr 2.  don't get your hopes up too much.   little devil inside was originally dated for 2022 so i'm thinking it gets a formal release date here.   50/50 that it gets the "stray" treatment and releases day-1 on ps extra.

I wonder if announcing big games as a suprise is the best thing to do anymore.

Ubisoft made an online show and said the future installments of AC was there. And I wonder if more companies would take that approach going forward.

For example Sony could announce a stare of play and detail that Naughty Dogs or GG next game would be shown there.

I can understand people like suprises and suprises announcements. But does every big game reveal need to be a suprise?
in the current climate the better question is "can any game reveal be a surprise?!?!"

we've seen a trend this year that i think will continue.  the BIGGEST games in the industry aren't announced as part of a show.  they get something along the lines of a tweet inviting you to attend a game specific revel.    a lot of video games cannot be successful in that model but ND, santa monica, assassins creeed, GTA, ect can be very very successful in that model.  

this kind of announcement will generate a lot more buzz then something like "here you go guys,.. a metroid 4 logo...." or something like "here's a CGI trailer for the next fable but please don't ask any more questions because despite it being announced more than 2 years ago we're still not ready to talk about it and oh btw,.. we've got 15 other CGI trailers to ensure information overload makes this announcement truly unmemorable so that the only discussion about the game you'll have over the next 5 years is 'what happed to fable,.. it must be in development hell' "

the-pi-guy

87 minutes.

kitler53

87 minutes.
87 minutes of disappointment?  i thought the show was only 20 minutes?   you must be including the post-show sobbing we'll all be doing??

Legend

87 minutes of disappointment?  i thought the show was only 20 minutes?   you must be including the post-show sobbing we'll all be doing??
I cry first

the-pi-guy

87 minutes of disappointment?  i thought the show was only 20 minutes?   you must be including the post-show sobbing we'll all be doing??
It started in 87 minutes from that post.

Go Up