PS5 interface to be revealed soon, 100% overhaul over PS4 with new visual language and concepts, entire UI will load in milliseconds

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 14, 2020, 11:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

PS5 interface to be revealed soon, 100% overhaul over PS4 with new visual language and concepts, entire UI will load in milliseconds | ResetEra

Matt MacLaurin the VP of UX Design at PlayStation has been replying to people on LinkedIn giving further details about the PS5, you can view the most interesting stuff below:

[/size]

Legend

Legend

On a different note, I don't get the hubub about the XSX interface. Did they not do the exact same thing with Xbox One? New UI designed for next gen also applied to current gen.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Going forward we still have:
-UI
-BC
-teardown
-more games shows

Xevross

Going forward we still have:
-UI
-BC
-teardown
-more games shows
Yep Sony still has lots to show which is good, they can keep information coming with few gaps to keep interest high. They'll have one more big show where they detail key stuff, more gameplay that probably shows off the next gen leap better and then they'll announce the price. This is probably going to be August as rumoured.

I bet the UI, BC showcase and full system teardown will come outside of the big show, and in the show they'll just give the best highlights from that. If I was to randomly plan out what Sony should do:

- 2 weeks from now showcase the UI with full videos, emphasising the ease of use and speed.
- 2 or 3 weeks later give details on BC. Release videos of BC examples, games like Spidey being played on PS5.
- 2 or 3 weeks after that have the final big game show. Full length gameplay demos for Horizon 2, Spidey etc. and also highlight BC headlines. Perhaps 1 or 2 more surprise announcements from 3rd party. Reveal price to end the show.
- following this just trickle info for the 3 months up to launch, random trailer drops for launch games, announcing new OS features and stuff like that.

Seems like Sony have a good plan anyway. They nailed the controller announcement and the show last week was very good for games announcements.

kitler53

Jun 15, 2020, 01:31 PM Last Edit: Jun 15, 2020, 01:38 PM by kitler53
speed is 1000% the most important thing about the OS.   fast to load but also fast to use.

ps3 was horriblely slow.

ps4 started out great (loading wise) but some of the recent updates have slowed it down at times.  the  psn store is pretty slow too.   the only thing i hate about the ps4 interface is that the TV section prioritizes ads over use.   i hate that i have to click past disney+ icon every time to get to netflix when i don't own the service. 

but the long line of titles thing was easy enough to use,.. not really any different than ps3 but pretty functional as long as you don't have hundreds of apps which isn't easy to do with 500 GB of memory.    I like the "quick menu" but  I think finding friends is a thing that has a lot of ideas but doesn't really come together.

Oh, and i wish the spotify app was a lot more feature rich.

i've only seen video of xbox's interface but i don't really love it.  i hated the titles thing on my laptop at least and it looks the same.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens