previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Release Date :October 27, 2023

Platforms :  PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series

Developer : Remedy Entertainment

Publisher : Epic Games

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Wasn't really paying attention to this one.

A lot of people seem to like the first one, despite average reviews (remaster got a 79 on PS5).

Wasn't expecting 89+, but here we go.

Crazy year.

Legend

nnodley

YAAAAASSS! Loved the first.  Was waiting on reviews before I bought.  Looks like i'm buying!

SWORDF1SH

I still need to play the first. What's up with the poorly executed game cover?

the-pi-guy

What's up with the poorly executed game cover?
Some artists have bad taste in game covers.

Dr. Pezus

Alan Wake was a great concept, very good visually and interesting story wise. Its gameplay dragged it down though with the action bits being repetitive. It seems like they nailed this one with an even deeper story and more varied gameplay.

BananaKing

I'll pass after the pile of trash that was control

nnodley

This is great!  Insanely good looking too. It might be one of the best looking games on ps5 in terms of photo realism.

Really good opening scene too

the-pi-guy

Insomniac's Ted Price interviews Remedy's Sam Lake

nnodley

Now on to this full time since i'm finished with spiderman.  Story is really good so far, imo.

Some callbacks to Control some.  Certain character makes a return and the FBC is mentioned quite a few times so far.

nnodley

Finished this yesterday.  About 22ish hours I think.  But man what a story.  Its so good.  It twists and turns and all starts to fit together pretty well.  They are definitely leaving some things open for a third.  So hopefully that happens.  

Saga Anderson is an awesome new character and I was pleasantly surprised.   The way they handled the story between her and alan was pretty great.

Legend

Sounds great. I'll have to play it one day.