Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I wonder too. Maybe the revival of the 2D games put them in a tough spot. Samus Returns was just a small appetizer/apology to fans, yet Metroid Dread was everything Metroid Prime 4 was supposed to be. It's the best selling Metroid game and the franchise is strong again.

What the heck can Prime 4 do to justify itself as the "bigger" game? No way will Nintendo shell out on AAA realistic graphics.

kitler53

I wonder too. Maybe the revival of the 2D games put them in a tough spot. Samus Returns was just a small appetizer/apology to fans, yet Metroid Dread was everything Metroid Prime 4 was supposed to be. It's the best selling Metroid game and the franchise is strong again.

What the heck can Prime 4 do to justify itself as the "bigger" game? No way will Nintendo shell out on AAA realistic graphics.
oh right, kind of forgot about dread when posting this.   nintendo's known to shelve projects in search of the "perfect" release date.   not saying that's exactly what happened here but i wouldn't be entirely surprised to learn nintendo shelved the game to put space between it and dread.   ...probably a switch 2 launch title now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Seems to be quite a leak for TotK, sounds like a much more substantial change.

Legend

Seems to be quite a leak for TotK, sounds like a much more substantial change.
Not sure I trust those people's interpretation of the changes lol. I spoiled myself a bit and it really just looks like what I expected. One mechanic I hadn't really thought about, but at the moment that mechanic just makes the sequel feel more lazy.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Legend

End of an era. Mario will have a new voice for all future games.

kitler53

kitler53

quasi excited to watch this.   most interesting nintendo game (to me) in quite a while.   

Legend

quasi excited to watch this.   most interesting nintendo game (to me) in quite a while.  
High praise.

kitler53

High praise.
Is it?   Feels more like a backhanded compliment to me.  One that pretty specifically says the zelda was an uninteresting game. 

the-pi-guy

Is it?   Feels more like a backhanded compliment to me.  One that pretty specifically says the zelda was an uninteresting game.
A backhanded compliment for Nintendo from you is high praise indeed.

Legend

Aug 31, 2023, 02:07 PM Last Edit: Aug 31, 2023, 02:49 PM by Legend

This looks like a mess imo. I hope it does poorly so 3D Mario doesn't do something similar.

Just such a mess of ideas.. Like what's up with those online features.

kitler53

i didn't quite finish the video yet,..  work meeting just started but so far i think it looks pretty good.   certainly one of the better "gimmicks" nintendo based a game around.

Dr. Pezus

This looks like a mess imo. I hope it does poorly so 3D Mario doesn't do something similar.

Just such a mess of ideas.. Like what's up with those online features.
I'm watching and I like it! Variety and new ideas is good imo

Go Up