Vizioneck Halloween T.V. Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Best Halloween Show/Movie

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

I meant more new.  Like in the past 5 years.  But it can be my inability to find them.  I got rid of my Netflix and apparently Amazon's curation isn't that great.
well everything I listed is within the last 2 years:
- hocus pocos 2
- muppet haunted mansion
- hubie Halloween
- captain underpants Halloween

...would be my top picks for your niece if she's in the 8-12 range that I'm assuming she is based on hotel Transylvania.

fear Street was good to if she's old enough for moderate horror.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Poll is noticably absent of Owl House, a great shame.

darkknightkryta

Oct 27, 2022, 02:06 PM Last Edit: Oct 27, 2022, 02:08 PM by darkknightkryta
well everything I listed is within the last 2 years:
- hocus pocos 2
- muppet haunted mansion
- hubie Halloween
- captain underpants Halloween

...would be my top picks for your niece if she's in the 8-12 range that I'm assuming she is based on hotel Transylvania.

fear Street was good to if she's old enough for moderate horror.
I don't have Disney Plus either =D
But thanks for the suggestions.

Poll is noticably absent of Owl House, a great shame.
I was about to type that I watched the new Ghostbusters movie.  Then I realized it wasn't on the poll.  Put in Owl House for you.  Caught up with it.  They had Luc make a backhanded comment about wanting 20 more episodes, so I guess you're right about the creator not being happy.  It didn't feel like anything was rushed though.  But I'm sure the season 3 specials will be rushed.

the-pi-guy

I think they've done a good job with it. I feel like it's required them to cut out any fat from the series.

Like season 2, there's a streak where like every other episode has a big reveal, that most series would have take like full seasons.

It's both great, and it's a shame that they don't have more freedom and more time to tell the story the way they want.  

darkknightkryta

I think they've done a good job with it. I feel like it's required them to cut out any fat from the series.

Like season 2, there's a streak where like every other episode has a big reveal, that most series would have take like full seasons.

It's both great, and it's a shame that they don't have more freedom and more time to tell the story the way they want.  
Yes, the comment about Eda asking if Luc wanted to go to the beach instead was pretty telling.  But you're right, it was too the point so it felt like nothing was cut out.  But I think the finale might be cut short.  3 40 minute specials?  That's only 6 episodes worth of story and it feels like they need 12 more.  So I think they were hoping for two 20 episode seasons for 2 and 3, which would have given them some buffer.

the-pi-guy

Yes, the comment about Eda asking if Luc wanted to go to the beach instead was pretty telling.  But you're right, it was too the point so it felt like nothing was cut out.  But I think the finale might be cut short.  3 40 minute specials?  That's only 6 episodes worth of story and it feels like they need 12 more.  So I think they were hoping for two 20 episode seasons for 2 and 3, which would have given them some buffer.
We've already got the first episode, was pretty darn good.

Legend

Watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil again. Somewhat of a halloween tradition at this point.

darkknightkryta

We've already got the first episode, was pretty darn good.
I cut the collector into a pumpkin this year.  I'll post photos at night when I have them lit up.

Watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil again. Somewhat of a halloween tradition at this point.
You've been watching American Horror Story these past few years no?  Or was that Pezus?

Legend

I cut the collector into a pumpkin this year.  I'll post photos at night when I have them lit up.
You've been watching American Horror Story these past few years no?  Or was that Pezus?
I watched everything up till the last season.

darkknightkryta

I watched everything up till the last season.
Worth watching?  Is it like Tales from the Crypt Keeper?

Got around to watching this year's Treehouse of Horrors.  I'll say, it's up there.  The throw away horror part with Marge and Maggie was probably the best skit.

Legend

Worth watching?  Is it like Tales from the Crypt Keeper?

Got around to watching this year's Treehouse of Horrors.  I'll say, it's up there.  The throw away horror part with Marge and Maggie was probably the best skit.
Def worth watching. Sometimes dorky but great horror too

the-pi-guy

Scooby-Doo on iTunes went on a good sale for Halloween.   8)

There's this weird early middle zone of Scooby Doo where it's hard to figure out what was going on. The first two series are just Scooby Doo Where Are You and The New Scooby-Doo Movies.

The next few shows are very mixed up.

The next show was originally broadcasted under like 4 different names, one of which was the original TV series that came out a decade earlier. And they've since called these 4 collections as if they are actually the 3rd show.  

the-pi-guy

Watched the movie Halloweentown from my childhood.

It was a goofy low budget movie....  

Legend

Watched the movie Halloweentown from my childhood.

It was a goofy low budget movie....  
I member that

darkknightkryta

I vaguely remember Halloween town.  My nieces and nephew were visited with my sisters over the weekend.  I put on YTV here and they had the Loud House live action halloween special.  I can't say I saw much of it, but it wasn't good outside of the musical piece at the beginning.  

I started up some shows.  Jujutsu Kaisen, which I've been waiting for this month to watch since I learned about it back in May.  Saw an episode of Ash vs Evil Dead, I'm still trying to figure out where I left off.  I tried watching Sabrina, but I have to find out where I left off too, since it's been like 3 years.  Saw Halloween of Horror for Simpsons on Monday.  It felt like the right time to kick off.  Still one of the best episodes of Simpsons I've seen.

Go Up