TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Finished the second episode of Rings of Power last night. Felt better than the first episode to me.

I feel like the first episode had a lot of scenes where it felt like the whole point of the scene was just to show
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>That Galadriel was on the search for Sauron, and many of her fellow people didn&#39;t believe that he was still out there.<br>Felt like they wasted a good bit of time trying to hammer that in.<br><br>

I feel like
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Galadriel is the weakest part of the show right now.<br>It&#39;s not an issue with her particularly, but it feels like her story is going the slowest to get anywhere interesting. <br><br>Nori&#39;s story has a mystery going on with the weird guy. <br>Arondir has a mystery going on, with the tunnels, and the orc creature.<br>Elrond has some interesting dynamics going on with the dwarves.<br><br>Galadriel is still the same as like 4 minutes in. She&#39;s had like two obstacles, and neither of them feel very interesting. <br>The bit where she&#39;s about to go to Valinor, but then leaves at the last moment. That has some nice emotional flashbacks, but they also feel unearned for some reason. &nbsp;Like it felt like not enough had happened since we first saw that moment (and not really a time thing, timing wise there was a fair bit of time between that scene and the flashback, but it felt like not enough had happened)<br>Like if there was a scene where you flashbacked to the scene just before, that would feel awkward, and this kind of gave the same feeling.<br><br>Overall though, I find myself not really caring about Galadriel&#39;s part.<br><br>Also I get weird Star Wars vibes from Elrond. Like the very proper way he talks somewhat reminds me of Obi Wan in the prequel trilogy.<br>