TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:
Robots and AI are something we currently have in crude forms. Westworld is just taking it to the next level.

I think my problem with the human to robot stuff is that it doesn't feel logical. Maybe in their lore it's explained, but as a viewer it seems "made up." Surely you can't copy a person by just watching their actions and if you could, then it has nothing to do with westworld and could have been done at any theme park/store.

The unique thing about westworld is the robots yet this is only tangentially related to that.

Spoiler for Hidden:
You must have missed that the hats/ clothes they were wearing were constantly scanning the guests to take note of their brain activity at all times. So they can replicate them that way, its not just studying actions, its actual data.<br><br>I do agree though that I&#39;m annoyed that was the entire focus of the season. That should have been a side plot, and the real focus should have been on the morals and struggles of AI becoming conscious. It seems that was brushed aside and that&#39;s unfortunate. Hopefully that&#39;s the focus of future seasons.<br><br>My main disappointment is Dolores though, her transition into a pure killing machine just really didn&#39;t fit well. I loved her character in season 1 and thought it was awesome that she was learning and becoming conscious and I was rooting for her. In season 2 we just never knew exactly what she was doing. Even now, we don&#39;t really know. She just wants to kill all humans, maybe, but why does she need the information from the forge? Is she going to replace a few people and use it to help her get a position of power? I hope she does have some long term plan like this, otherwise I have no idea why they took her character in this direction.