The Forum RPG is released for play testing

Started by Legend, Jan 05, 2016, 07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

I never use the RPG but I thought it'd be fun to kill everyone.

But now I'm stuck in the same city and can't move. Seems something major has glitched.
Karma strikes!

Legend

Karma strikes!
Actually the ghost strikes!

Turns out I was already dead. Forgot that I never implemented a respawn mechanic.

Legend

I'm dead and stuck again  ::)

The forum rpg will always be a pet project of mine. I really think it has a lot of potential.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm still waiting for the shovel and to be able to dig post to find random loot.

Legend

Also a simple thing that needs to be added is an alert when you reach your destination.

I'm still waiting for the shovel and to be able to dig post to find random loot.
I feel like if you randomly dug holes in the woods your chances of finding something are low...

Xbro

3 people like this

Legend

I think I should make the RPG procedural!

I feel dumb for not thinking this way sooner!

I love procedural generation and have messed around with it a few times in VizionEck and in a few prototypes. In the back of my head I've been dreaming of making a huge space game with my version of procedural generation, but that's still a couple centuries away with the rate I finish games. So to scratch my procedural generation itch I can make this game procedural! Will make it a lot faster to make too.

(not touching it till Cube Royale releases. Just had an idea and wanted to write it down)

Legend

Maybe the RPG should have permadeath of sorts.

Only about once a week are players brought back to life. Give you ghost mechanics or something.

Xevross

Maybe the RPG should have permadeath of sorts.

Only about once a week are players brought back to life. Give you ghost mechanics or something.
Who cares? Think about vizioneck!

P.S. that sounds cool

Legend

Who cares? Think about vizioneck!

P.S. that sounds cool
I have 5 games currently in some form of development. It's just so hard to have an idea and not write it down!

the-pi-guy

Most of my game ideas are seared into my memory.  

Legend

Most of my game ideas are seared into my memory.  
Do you not even write them down?

the-pi-guy

Do you not even write them down?
No.  I started to write down one of them, but the vast majority of gameplay mechanics and plot details are only in my head.  

Legend

I'd like to restructure this into a living world. Like a civ 5 ai match that is always playing.

So still a "bite sized economy" but with everything controlled by the system, instead of just shops and populations.

Legend

"Crafting" could be used for everything.

Game map is filled with resource "wells." These are all natural resources like fresh water, ocean water, sand, dirt, iron ore, silver ore, wood, forest wildlife, etc. The wells can be created or destroyed depending on their type. The main thing is that they are the only source of new materials in the digital world.

Resources can then be exctracted from wells. Exctracting resources is done using a universal crafting system.

Input resources+working resources=output resources. So (river + bucket) + human=water filled bucket.

The main goal is to create a self sustaining world where every thing is simulated. It's not just that a city produces 100,000 gold coins every year, but that thousands of npcs have worked together to keep an economy running that produced said gold.

By "bite sized," I mean that everything is granular and important. 100 humans would be a large city in this world. If a player (not something I care about at this stage) wanted to impact the world they could do it as an individual.

Essentially the world could start by just placing a couple humans and letting them expand out.

Go Up