PlayStation exec says PSVR will see a dramatic change in next 10 years - The Verge

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 19, 2019, 03:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

PlayStation exec says PSVR will see a dramatic change in next 10 years  - The Verge

He used the growth in smartphone development, like the numerous Android and Apple devices that have been released since the first iPhone 3G in 2008, as an example to examine what could happen to the PSVR as VR tech continues to evolve.

"By the same token, you look at PSVR right now, none of us are going to be able to imagine what it will look like 10 years from now, but the change will be that dramatic," Layden said. "You can't get to 5.0 until you do 1.0. It's just the nature of the thing."

Legend

I'm hyped for next gen VR. PS4 was built with VR in mind but PS5 can do so many little things to improve it before factoring in the power increase.

the-pi-guy

I'm hyped for next gen VR. PS4 was built with VR in mind but PS5 can do so many little things to improve it before factoring in the power increase.
Yep.  
There's so many improvements that can be made.  Will be cool to see what happens

Xevross

Well it better! Right now it's a very meh technology.

Dr. Pezus

Meh?? Very cool!

the-pi-guy

Meh?? Very cool!
Image result for very cool very legal

It's meh when it's bad, and it's awesome when it's good.  

Next gen will be good when it's bad, and crazy good when it's good.

Xevross

Feb 20, 2019, 12:04 AM Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019, 12:09 AM by Xevross
Image result for very cool very legal

It's meh when it's bad, and it's awesome when it's good. 

Next gen will be good when it's bad, and crazy good when it's good.
Eh, this gen its awful when its bad, and awesome when its good. Its too variable.

Game length and quality, the technology is fine but it needs serious improvement. I think I would definitely describe the PSVR technology as "meh" right now.

Its big, kind of annoying to put on, quite uncomfortable, is an absolute mess of wires and boxes, is not really good to use for more than an hour for various reasons (for me at least), picture is blurry/ low res, the tracking is fairly lacklustre. Yeah... meh. Its given me some amazing experiences... well Astro Bot was an amazing experience at least. But it needs a lot of work, I haven't recommended it to any friends for a reason. (Tetris Effect is also amazing but is pretty much just as good without VR anyway).

And implementation into games is a key area, for instance I really can't stand the teleporting of some games.

Dr. Pezus

I don't know why yall are always complaining about tracking. Never had problems except when the sun was shining straight at the camera

Legend

I'm pretty sure one of my move controllers is breaking.

Time for better vr sticks.

Xevross

I don't know why yall are always complaining about tracking. Never had problems except when the sun was shining straight at the camera
Headset tracking is fine, its controller tracking which is bad.

Dr. Pezus

Headset tracking is fine, its controller tracking which is bad.
I only had problems when I accidentally reach out of the camera's line of sight. I was actually very impressed by the tracking compared to PS move for example