What games are the most important to you?

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 18, 2019, 04:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Growing up, there were a few games that I would play with my older sister.

A lot of times we would watch each other play, and switch who was playing.  A lot of times if one of us was stuck, the other one could get it.

To some extent I don't really have very many memories left of playing, but I do still have a few.  One of our favorite games to play together was Kingdom Hearts.

The reason I'm making this thread, is because this past weekend, my wife got me a remaster of an old game.  Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. 

I was excited to get it.

But I didn't realize how much. 

I started tearing up as the game was loading. 

And tonight again, I was tearing up because I finished the game.  Funnily enough, I never finished the game before.  I remember getting stuck on the last boss. 

Despite the fact that I have never put Kingdom Hearts in my top 5 list, or even think of it as being one of my favorite games...  there are few games that have impacted me like this.  It's been a long time since I got a game that was this important to me. 

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Grab Turismo 1 probably. Played that for years. Also FIFA 98

Xevross

No one cares :(
I care! I just can't think of any game I've had an experience like this with.

Legend

Spyro and the year of the dragon.

My grandmother had a PS1 and that was her only game. She didn't have a memory card either, so every time we were over at her house we had to start from the beginning. My cousins, siblings, and I got really good at speedrunning the game and we would always get so incredibly excited when someone finally made it far enough into the game to see something new. The disc could also be put in upside down or something and load a demo for crash bash. That was also fun for all of us to hang out and play.

Ski free is another one like that. My grandma also had a computer and that was one of the games we really liked.

I also really remember how awesome it was to get a new system for christmas. For a while only my grandma and cousins had home game systems so we would rent them from hollywood video on occasion. However we eventually ended up getting a PS2 and it was crazy from there. The basement was set up as a game room and we had two old TVs against the wall to play on. Smash was always an incredibly fun game that we spent hours on, same with Mario Party and Halo 2. I also really loved gran turismo 3. I had a steering wheel and tried to get my dad to help me pass one of the harder challenges (turns out it wasn't like driving a real car lol). I'm not sure if I'm remembering the years correctly but one time my dad had to get knee surgery the day after Christmas. That was a hard year since we stayed home with a relative watching us and played the gamecube we got the day before. He was fine but it still stuck in my memory.

the-pi-guy

I care! I just can't think of any game I've had an experience like this with.
No games played with family?  

What about first games?  

Or just games you played when you were little that you care more about than their quality?  

Cute Pikachu

Grab Turismo 1 probably. Played that for years. Also FIFA 98
Spoken like a true 90s European

For me?
Pokémon R/S
Kingdom Hearts
Etc
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

No games played with family? 

What about first games? 

Or just games you played when you were little that you care more about than their quality? 
Well just in general rather than a similar experience to you, there's two games that stand out for me.

Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy I had so much fun with playing with friends and my sister way back when. I have no idea how many hours I poured in and I loved playing them so much. GTA San Andreas me and my sister played together a fair amount but not enough for it to feel special. I'd say COD Black Ops feels special to me, it was my favourite COD and I had a lot of fun playing with my friend and his friend a few days a week for months.

Pokemon diamond also has a special place in my heart, the first pokemon game I owned and played and I fell in love. I did pretty much nothing else for a month except play that game when I first got it. Soulsilver I got a bit later and loved that just as much, although it doesn't feel as special as Diamond. SS is the best pokemon game, though.