The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

kitler53

it's probably not his,.. that looks like an office not a home.  sony bought it for the office for market research. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

it's probably not his,.. that looks like an office not a home.  sony bought it for the office for market research.  
He even says it's his office in the tweet!

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

Has anyone heard how well it runs with a 970. Or a comparison between a 970 and a 980ti?

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

So on medium they all play the same.
It's a mix, even on highest settings.  
-Radial-G is best on 970
-Chronos is best on 980
-Lucky's Tale and Eve Valkyrie is pretty much identical on all.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's a mix, even on highest settings.  
-Radial-G is best on 970
-Chronos is best on 980
-Lucky's Tale and Eve Valkyrie is pretty much identical on all.

Well I won't worry about it till christmas time then. I was going to sell my gtx970's to get a 980ti, and I did sell one but ended up spending that money on my living room flooring that I wasn't planning to replace. So I'm back to one 970 now. Oh well.

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Pico Neo All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset Unveiled From $300

//
The hardware inside the controller includes the Snapdragon 820 we have already talked about, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, and a microSD card slot for storage expansion supporting up to 128GB. The controller has physical buttons and a touchpad on the back along with an integrated motion sensor. The headset weighs 11 ounces and has a 3.8-inch AMOLED with 1200 x 1080 pixel resolution. Power is from a 5,000 mAh internal battery good for three hours of use.

The headset itself has a pair of 1,200 x 1,080 panels (one for each eye) and 90Hz screen refresh rate, which matches the resolution of the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.

Inside the headset there's a 3.8 inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1200 x 1080 pixels per eye and a 102 degree field of view. The pupil distance can be adjusted between 54 and 73 millimeters.

The Pico Neo headset can also double as a headset for a PC gamer. This is where another benefit of putting the hardware inside the controller comes in. If all you want to do is use the Pico Neo with your PC, you can buy just the headset and save yourself about half the cost of buying the headset with the controller.

The Pico Neo will land in late June for around $550 with the controller or $300 without.

http://www.slashgear.com/pico-neo-an...ller-20437078/http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/20/p...id-vr-headset/http://liliputing.com/2016/04/pico-n...c-headset.html

???

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Go Up