Super Mario Bros 35th Anniversary Direct

Started by Xevross, Sep 03, 2020, 01:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Sep 03, 2020, 01:00 PM Last Edit: Sep 03, 2020, 01:12 PM by Xevross

Announcements:
  • Game and Watch special edition mario bros retro system Nov 13th
  • Super Mario 3D World + New Bowser Extra Content Coming to Switch 12th Feb 2021
  • Super Mario Bros 35 Coming October 1st (Tetris 99 style BR game)
  • MarioKart Live Home Circuit October 16th (AR Mario Kart game)
  • Super Mario 3D Allstars including Mario 64, Sunshine & Galaxy (HD Upres) Coming to Switch September 18th

the-pi-guy

Super Mario 3D all stars also.

Xevross

Super Mario 3D all stars also.
Been adding as I watched! Surprisingly soon but only HD upres and small optimisations plus no best mario game (Galaxy 2) is kinda sad. At least its something.

Xevross

Well this ended up being a huge anticlimax imo. A 3D collection of some old Mario games but not all, only upressing (not even widescreen for 64) and charging full price for it... eh. A separate port for the newest 3D mario game before Switch which will also be full price but at least there's new content. Rest is meh.

Meh.

the-pi-guy

Super Mario™ 3D All-Stars for the Nintendo Switch™ system - Official Site

Only available until March 2021?

Wow Nintendo you really suck

Xevross

This is utterly baffling, I don't understand it at all. Maybe its to pressure people into actually buying it since they know its super low effort on their part?

Legend

Is the 64 port not even as good as the ds port? :'(

kitler53

i guess i can kind of understand a limited retail release.  but pulling the digital game?!?   that's BS..  this pretty much sums up why nintendo is the worst of the 3.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

This is utterly baffling, I don't understand it at all. Maybe its to pressure people into actually buying it since they know its super low effort on their part?
They've done this so many times

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario Bros all stars on Wii
NES system.

It's like they are going out of their way to make collectibles, even though it literally makes them less money and makes consumers upset.  

Even as a huge Nintendo fan, they just suck in some ways.

Legend

Watched it.

What the heck? Lots of odd choices. Looks like the mario 64 ds model at least.

kitler53

Watched it.

What the heck? Lots of odd choices. Looks like the mario 64 ds model at least.
not odd.  nintendo is a lazy, garbage developer.    people will still get mad at me and call me a troll but nintendo over and over and over again shows they have no interest in putting an effort even 1/2 of what the rest of the industry puts into their titles.  

Dr. Pezus

Huh, why would 3d all stars be time limited on digital?

Legend

not odd.  nintendo is a lazy, garbage developer.    people will still get mad at me and call me a troll but nintendo over and over and over again shows they have no interest in putting an effort even 1/2 of what the rest of the industry puts into their titles.  
Nintendo makes some great games. Like Smash Ultimate. How is that lazy? Which fighting game put in twice that effort?

But sometimes you are right and they do stuff like this. AR mario kart is cool at least.

Xevross

not odd.  nintendo is a lazy, garbage developer.    people will still get mad at me and call me a troll but nintendo over and over and over again shows they have no interest in putting an effort even 1/2 of what the rest of the industry puts into their titles.  
They're not a lazy developer, they make some incredible games and put a lot of effort into them. But they aren't a great publisher especially when it comes to stuff like this, they put out a lot of low effort stuff and charge full price for it. Its not laziness, its just doing the bare minimum to spend the least money possible, maximising profits. Normally this would result in less profits and lower sales but they get away with it because their fans are ridiculous, they practically worship them.

kitler53

They're not a lazy developer, they make some incredible games and put a lot of effort into them. But they aren't a great publisher especially when it comes to stuff like this, they put out a lot of low effort stuff and charge full price for it. Its not laziness, its just doing the bare minimum to spend the least money possible, maximising profits. Normally this would result in less profits and lower sales but they get away with it because their fans are ridiculous, they practically worship them.
well this both feels appropirate as a response and what the heck, the link is still in my clipboard..