PS vs XB shows: excluding tlg, ff7, & s3, which was best?

Started by Legend, Jun 16, 2015, 06:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

The huge gigatons at Sony's show are unstoppable, so let's ignore them and make this thread less one sided.

So which was better and why?

Max King of the Wild

So ignore Sony's conference completely... Lol. Well, I hated Ford at MS 100% and I had to stop watching it because of it. I own a total of 0 360 games so BC doesn't do anything for me... So Sony's conference was a 0 since I need to ignore everything but Ms conference was negative because of the cringeworthyness. So sony still wins

Aura7541

I will say Horizon. When it was first shown, I thought it was just a CGI trailer. However, it seamlessly transitioned into gameplay which was nothing short of awesome. The foliage, scenery, action, and diversity of robodinos took my breath away.

the-pi-guy

Horizon?  
Uncharted?  
World of Final Fantasy?
Vs.
Recore

Is pretty much my thoughts.  

Ms wins!  

Lol Sony by a mile.

Xevross

Horizon and Uncharted gameplay blew me away. Horizon was the absolute perfect example on how to reveal a game. Great trailer, seamless transition into gameplay. MS showed very little gameplay and what was shown was pretty mediocre, while Sony showed more and it was a lot better. That's what won it for me. Close though, without those 3, that is for sure

Legend

Horizon?  
Uncharted?  
World of Final Fantasy?
Vs.
Recore

Is pretty much my thoughts.  

Ms wins!  

Lol Sony by a mile.
World of ff excites you?

Also no sea of thieves? No Gears 4? No bc?

Xevross

World of ff excites you?

He's a biased sony fanboy

Aura7541

In culinary arts, not only does the food have to taste good, but the presentation has to be good, as well. Even if a dish tastes good, if it doesn't look nice, people will think it is unappetizing. This is how I felt about Microsoft's conference. The material was good, but MS did not present them that well. For Sony, even if you take away FFVII, TLG, and Shenmue III, the content was still good plus the fact that it was presented well.

the-pi-guy

World of ff excites you?

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, and it looks cute but weird, but very promising.

Sea of Thieves depends on if it's multiplayer only.  Not seeing anything about single player, so not very interested in it.  
Never played a Gears game, and the little bit of gameplay shown did nothing to excite me.
Don't care about BC, because there's no 360 games I want to play, and I don't have any.  

He's a biased sony fanboy
There's also that.

darkknightkryta

World of ff excites you?

Gears 4 as it stands looks terrible.  BC is nice... for the 10 games that support it...

Aura7541

World of ff excites you?

Gears 4 dragged on for too long and by the time things got interesting, it was too little too late. It really reminded me of the gameplay footage of The Order's hospital scene from last year.

7H3

Bc is neat feature but a little late to be a system seller... Halo and gears are great titles but expected... Don't care for racing games... Early access hype tho !
Sony has horizon, cod, dream, great first party and third party support. On top of that presented and flowed really well... In terms of reveals Sony did a better job for games, but ms for features
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

Jun 16, 2015, 06:40 PM Last Edit: Jun 16, 2015, 06:43 PM by Raven
Personally, Sony's did a lot more for me. Horizon alone had me more excited than everything else Microsoft showed combined, and that says a lot coming from a Halo fan. I still think Halo 5 was great but there wasn't anything else that excited me. I need to see and learn more about ReCore. I'm done getting hyped by CG trailers for new games I know nothing about. Sea of Thieves made me feel like Rare really doesn't have it anymore. I had already had that feeling but that announcement sealed it for my own thoughts.

As far as software goes the only other thing that stood out to me apart from Halo 5 was Gears 4. I'm also a bit of a Gears fan but that gameplay segment really bored me. Unless they come up with something really unique, I think Gears of War has simply run its course for me. The Uncharted 4 gameplay looked a little better than it has before but Naughty Dog games grab me a lot more for story than gameplay. That being said, I still felt the demo of Uncharted 4 topped Gears 4.

Backwards compatibility doesn't mean anything to me at all. I had my fill of 360. The thing was out for 8 years and there are generation 8 games coming that deserve my attention way more. Besides, I already have Halo 3 and Halo 4 thanks to the Master Chief Collection and Gears of War will be remastered and released in a couple months. Those pretty much represented the best 360 had to offer for me. I'm also not paying $150 for a controller that just lets me customize input.

For me, Sony's conference was simply better from the gameplay segments of the two exclusive games that stood out to me from both (Halo and Gears versus Horizon and Uncharted), the third party games Sony showed have me more excited over all (Battlefront, Arkham Knight, and Black Ops 3 trump Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3 for me), they didn't try to wow me with a feature that I never really used much in previous consoles, Morpheus showed greater promise than HoloLens to me, and that's not even including the triple megatons of TLG, FF7, and Shenmue 3.

Legend

In culinary arts, not only does the food have to taste good, but the presentation has to be good, as well. Even if a dish tastes good, if it doesn't look nice, people will think it is unappetizing. This is how I felt about Microsoft's conference. The material was good, but MS did not present them that well. For Sony, even if you take away FFVII, TLG, and Shenmue III, the content was still good plus the fact that it was presented well.
Really good analogy. Judging the year to come, who knows which system will have the best games and which reveals will end up as trash games.

Only thing we should judge is the shows themselves.

Dr. Pezus

It's amazing that even when you take away the 3 incredibly unbelievable megatons Sony still wins lol.

Connection Problems

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.