The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

NeverDies

I just finished watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventures and JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders. It was probably one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

And this second one is my fav new opening.

And this is my new fav closing sequence.

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

DrakeSnake

I just finished watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventures and JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders. It was probably one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

Its a really awesome show so over the top and them manly poses!!!

Also i really loved the first Jojo's ending

DrakeSnake

Thought I'd share a random anime story from me.  So when I was younger, I think when I was in grade 6, I went to Italy in the summer.  Now in Italy, there's only 8 channels, and of those 8 channels, they regularly show anime.  Throughout the day.  Now Cat Eyes was one of the anime I saw.  Another, I couldn't remember the name.  But it was weird.  So there was a male character and a female character.  They were at a cafe.  The female lead was playing cards.  The guy had run in.  Then randomly a biker gang walks in.  Now the female lead looked like Sailor Mars.  She gets into a fight with them and she throws one of the cards between one of the biker's eyes.  I was like "WTF?"  So anyways, he gets sent to another dimension with a little girl.  Now I had no idea what this anime was called.  So this anime was in the back of my mind for a while.  Fast forward to my university days.  So I asked my friend if he knew what it was from that vague card throwing description.  He didn't know.  I asked him on MSN maybe after school finished or a little before again. I mentioned the power to go to other dimensions.  He then gave me the name: Kimagure Orange Road.  So I managed to "Find it" and low and behold, at the last episode, there was a girl who looked like Sailor Mars throwing a card in between a a biker's eyes.  It was the same anime!  So remember, if there's a random anime you don't remember the name of ask a friend!  P.S. it's a good comedy, albeit old.  Probably one of the first love triangle comedy animes.  Check it out.
Im a 90s kid so my anime at that time consist of pokemon, digimon, Yugioh and dragonball at my early days i just consider them the same as cartoons XD
Although older animes are interesting like Kenshin.

the-pi-guy

I haven't watched anime in a while.  Except I watched some Death Note recently. 
Hmmm, wish there was more time in the day. 

darkknightkryta

I haven't watched anime in a while.  Except I watched some Death Note recently. 
Hmmm, wish there was more time in the day. 

I honestly set up a PS TV (The monitor) in my room (It's my friend's monitor) and just stream from my laptop to it.  I watch an episode or two of anime before I head to bed. 

darkknightkryta

Watched the remade Fate/Stay.

Raven

Watched the remade Fate/Stay.

I watched it and wanted to throw my monitor out the fudgy window.

darkknightkryta

I watched it and wanted to throw my monitor out the fudgy window.

Bad?  Or because they stopped half way?

Raven

Bad?  Or because they stopped half way?

I mean I enjoyed the improved animation quality but the ending pissed me off. Just so I'm clear, we are talking about the Unlimited Blade Works show, right?

darkknightkryta

I mean I enjoyed the improved animation quality but the ending pissed me off. Just so I'm clear, we are talking about the Unlimited Blade Works show, right?

Yeah.  It continues in the spring.  I actually decided to try to catch up with the manga and Blade Works follows that pretty closely.

Raven

Yeah.  It continues in the spring.  I actually decided to try to catch up with the manga and Blade Works follows that pretty closely.

From what I understand, the whole Fate Stay series is actually based on a game with different possible outcomes.

darkknightkryta

From what I understand, the whole Fate Stay series is actually based on a game with different possible outcomes.

Yeah. an adult game from what I hear.  It's just I was really interested in the season finale that I couldn't wait a few months for the next season.  So I went to read the manga.  The other thing is that I didn't watch the original series and my friend was telling me that Saber getting taken over didn't happen.  But it's there in the manga.  Though I'm not sure I can get into the original series.  It seems like they took the story and had filler people write it.  But the comedy is way better in the original.  I actually miss that exaggerated comedy.

Dr. Pezus

Finished the Saya no Uta visual novel. You guys should check it out if you haven't already!!

Also downloaded a Russian anime visual novel on Steam, I think it has something to do with communism

darkknightkryta

Finished the Saya no Uta visual novel. You guys should check it out if you haven't already!!

Also downloaded a Russian anime visual novel on Steam, I think it has something to do with communism

You know what else has something to do with communism?  The Russian Superman.

DrakeSnake

Its based on a visual novel cosidered the best actually by many.

Go Up