The Anime Thread

Viewing single post

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown

DrakeSnake

Thought I'd share a random anime story from me.  So when I was younger, I think when I was in grade 6, I went to Italy in the summer.  Now in Italy, there's only 8 channels, and of those 8 channels, they regularly show anime.  Throughout the day.  Now Cat Eyes was one of the anime I saw.  Another, I couldn't remember the name.  But it was weird.  So there was a male character and a female character.  They were at a cafe.  The female lead was playing cards.  The guy had run in.  Then randomly a biker gang walks in.  Now the female lead looked like Sailor Mars.  She gets into a fight with them and she throws one of the cards between one of the biker's eyes.  I was like "WTF?"  So anyways, he gets sent to another dimension with a little girl.  Now I had no idea what this anime was called.  So this anime was in the back of my mind for a while.  Fast forward to my university days.  So I asked my friend if he knew what it was from that vague card throwing description.  He didn't know.  I asked him on MSN maybe after school finished or a little before again. I mentioned the power to go to other dimensions.  He then gave me the name: Kimagure Orange Road.  So I managed to "Find it" and low and behold, at the last episode, there was a girl who looked like Sailor Mars throwing a card in between a a biker's eyes.  It was the same anime!  So remember, if there's a random anime you don't remember the name of ask a friend!  P.S. it's a good comedy, albeit old.  Probably one of the first love triangle comedy animes.  Check it out.
Im a 90s kid so my anime at that time consist of pokemon, digimon, Yugioh and dragonball at my early days i just consider them the same as cartoons XD
Although older animes are interesting like Kenshin.