Apple cuts dev fees to 15% for smaller companies

Started by Legend, Nov 20, 2020, 04:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I guess they know the 30% rate is a joke. This is at least a better solution than steam. Steam cuts the rate only if you make a lot of money.

Apple cuts its App Store commission from 30% to 15% — if your apps earn less than $1M

DerNebel

Vizioneck on iOS when?

kitler53

wow.   epic makes more than 1 million but all in all this is a win for the market.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Vizioneck on iOS when?
I'll port VizionEck Adventure to the apple watch.

DerNebel

I'll port VizionEck Adventure to the apple watch.
Good. Finally some support for my gaming device of choice

BananaKing

Am I the only one who sees that digital stores taking 30% is fair?

kitler53

Am I the only one who sees that digital stores taking 30% is fair?
I'm no game developer so maybe my perspective is off but i can't imagine apple is providing the kind of services needed to justify a $500 million / year cut on fornites $1.8 billion in revenue.    i know not all of fornite's revenue passes though apple but still,..  the money collected doesn't seem fair for the services provided.

i think part of the problem is how uneven their monitization is.   angry birds is just as "big" but because they make their revenue comes in via ads apple doesn't collect any money from that revenue stream.  

netflix used to pay a huge "apple tax" to have their app on apples store but simply by telling their customers they need pay for their subscription via the web netflix now pays nothing.  the app hasn't changed one bit though so what justifies the difference?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens