Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

i've been really wanting to get a 3ds so i can play some of the older games
Same.
The list makes me want to avoid the new ones and stick to the 3DS ones.  

Xevross

Luigi's mansion 3 is super fun, incredibly charming. Loving it after 2 hours.

Same.
The list makes me want to avoid the new ones and stick to the 3DS ones.  
Well depends what you want to get out of it, in terms of pokemon catching there's about the same number in Sun&Moon and X&Y. I'd recommend playing them anyway, Sun and Moon in particular is really great.

the-pi-guy

Nov 06, 2019, 04:44 PM Last Edit: Nov 06, 2019, 05:08 PM by the-pi-guy
Luigi's mansion 3 is super fun, incredibly charming. Loving it after 2 hours.
Well depends what you want to get out of it, in terms of pokemon catching there's about the same number in Sun&Moon and X&Y. I'd recommend playing them anyway, Sun and Moon in particular is really great.
Yeah but I can trade them between each other and get them all. :P

--------
I was the Pokemon player who played XD to get Lugia and Colosseum to get Ho-oh on his main Pokemon Sapphire game. 

And the one who made a special trip to get the bonus disk for Colosseum to get Jirachi. 

(And bought an action replay for the sole purpose of getting Mew, since it was made impossible to get it legitimately after the events expired). 

I definitely wasn't the average Pokemon player growing up, and I know most people aren't really going to be affected by this, but I am.  ::P

Just explaining because I know no one else cares. :P

darkknightkryta

Finihed Link's Awakening. Decent game, ended up using a guide for the 7th dungeon because my god was that a slog. Horrible game design involving way too much backtracking and tripping yourself over, at least by 2019 standards. I googled when I was stuck at a few points in the 8th dungeon and just before it as well. Given the great review scores and the heaps of praise this game gets I thought I was an outlier but my exact thoughts on the game are being echoed by quite a lot of people in the Era OT. And from what others are saying, I guess that's gonna be my first and last 2D zelda, since these things that I disliked the most seem to be the main traits of 2D Zelda games.

Thanks to its gorgeous looks, charming atmosphere, amazing soundtrack and fun earlier dungeons I think I'll give it about a 7/10. Apparently the story was supposed to be emotional so I was hoping the ending would make me feel really positive about the game but eh... it was an ok story at best and the ending was just exactly what you'd been expecting to happen since halfway through the game. Well whatever, it was a fun enough ~10 hours and at least I've experienced 2D Zelda now.
I remember I was having issues when I first played the game when I was like 7.  I couldn't figure out where to go.  Then I tried it again later when I was in university.  Borrowed the DX version from my cousin.  I managed to get as far as needing to find a flute to talk to a mermaid.  Or something.  I had no idea where to get the flute so I had to go to a strategy guide.  It was fine after that.

Xevross

Been keeping up with the pokemon leaks and dang there's been some utterly baffling decisions made with the new game. So many choices which just seem straight up regressive. Also the story is apparently on the short side and there's basically no endgame, and there's some weird jank being shown in videos as well.

Seems like they needed way more time with this, but due to pressure from TPC and others they were forced into releasing it this year, which may have contributed to the decision of the cut pokemon.

Anyway, reviews are apparently out tomorrow so will be interesting to see what reviewers think of the game, I expect that all this stuff won't affect reviews too much, considering the worst mainline games (X/Y) have the best metascore (88). I think it will still be a good pokemon game, and will get mid 80s like all the rest. I'm certainly picking this up at some point but I have absolutely 0 hype for it at this point.

Xevross

No GTS in pokemon sword and shield. Holy mother of god it got worse.

Its clear Game Freak aren't good enough for such rapid releases of this series any more. They either need more time, way more people or a second studio needs to be brought in to make the game. So many features cut, and the game still looks rather unpolished and lacking content. I've been so hyped for this game (core pokemon on a home console) for over a decade, and this is how its turning out... its really sad. And I'm not even a core fan, I'll still have a good enough time playing through the game and then forgetting about it, but core fans who were going to invest so much time in it are also so annoyed, disappointed, upset.

Dr. Pezus

Pokemon reviewing around 80. Ign called it the  best Pokemon game though. Weird that they'd review it without testing the online functionality (she mentioned it in the review)

Xevross

Pokemon reviewing around 80. Ign called it the  best Pokemon game though. Weird that they'd review it without testing the online functionality (she mentioned it in the review)
Yeah, seems like it will settle as the lowest rated new-gen pokemon game. IGN review is very much an outlier. I don't think online functionality will be a big part of the game anyway.

Xevross

Finally got round to starting pokemon. The level of polish and the graphics feel vastly superior to what we've seen in pokemon before. There's nice touches like quick buttons in battles to throw a pokeball, or check stat changes. Good that there is a lot of improvements that might make the cuts worth it.

Legend

Glad you are enjoying it. Wasn't looking too hot as of late.

darkknightkryta

Sword and Shield is out?

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I'm enjoying pokemon way more than I was expecting. On the big screen the graphics look great, the game is insanely cute at times. I spent like 20 minutes messing around with appearance which is quite unlike me.

This does seem to be the easiest pokemon yet. I could probably look away from the screen and spam A and have won every fight so far. I expected this though.

Loving it so far.

Xevross

5 hours of play time to reach the first gym. That has to be the longest ever! Also the gym challenges are awesome, this is the best gyms have ever been!

Xevross

So if you don't indulge in the wild area too much then this is actually the most challenging pokemon game in ages. I'm actually slightly under-levelled right now.

Go Up