Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Viewing single post

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

@SWORDF1SH

I watched another person's playthrough of the Case of the Golden Idol and now I'm unsure if there's a few mistakes in there.

Spoiler for Hidden:

In case 10 it says "To execute his punishment BLANK was used on him..." The solution is "idol" yet it's not grammatically correct. Through me for a loop since it's the only time this happens, as far as I can remember.

In case 7 the solution is "signaled to Walter Keene with a tankard which cup had no poison." yet as far as I've been able to figure out, this isn't ever shown. It can only be solved be filling in the blanks of the scroll.

In case 11 the correct solution is kidnapping Mary but kidnapping her husband is just as valid, as far as I can tell. At least from my understanding of the clues kidnapping her husband is more valid since Edmund talks about shipping him off in his letter. Maybe there is a rejection letter from her that I missed?

Also I don't exactly understand the timing of case 11.

The bike is spotted at 8:30 by the random woman yet David Gorran doesn't go to the inn till 10:30. Is he at the manor when Lazo dies, and he just carries on because?

I want to love the game and I love a lot about it, but for now I'm really bummed that it's not the game I expected. It's much more of a point and click adventure game than an "immersive problem solving" game like Return of the Obra Dinn or Her Story. Great puzzles at least.
Dinn is on my wishlist waiting for a price cut. Played it on the PS and had a break from it but when I got back to it I completely forgot what was happening. So going to start again on PC. PC is just a better way to play.