Sony held back on E3 announcements according to Shuhei

Started by Raven, Jun 14, 2017, 03:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Shuhei claims they held back some announcements and will reveal more of what they're working on later this year.

Legend

I could see that. Write off this E3 as a lost cause  :P

Xevross

Maybe Sony are treating PSX as the place to make big announcements now.

Raven

Sony's Jim Ryan comments on Dreams PS4 E3 2017 absence

Dreams didn't fit the tone Sony was aiming for at E3 and we'll be hearing about the game later this year.

Dr. Pezus

PSX should be big then. I'm fine with that. Plenty of other general stuff at E3

Dreams didn't fit the tone Sony was aiming for at E3 and we'll be hearing about the game later this year.
Gamescom?

Legend

They should have gone for a different tone...

Dr. Pezus

E3 is for the mainstream gamer. PSX for the hardcore. Gamescom for more casual stuff?

Legend

E3 is for the mainstream gamer. PSX for the hardcore. Gamescom for more casual stuff?
This E3 show had casual VR games, hardcore stuff like Monster Hunter, weird inclusions like Marvel vs Capcom, and the big mainstream demos.

Last year's show I'd agree 100%, but this was something else.

Dr. Pezus

This E3 show had casual VR games, hardcore stuff like Monster Hunter, weird inclusions like Marvel vs Capcom, and the big mainstream demos.

Well it was mostly mainstream. Also, Sony is hoping VR becomes mainstream which explains the VR focus heh
Marvel is pretty mainstream too

DerNebel

Jun 14, 2017, 07:26 PM Last Edit: Jun 14, 2017, 07:28 PM by DerNebel

The tone was fine, the surprises were missing. And the few surprises Sony had, outside of VR, got dang leaked this year again.

Gamescom?
Repeat after me: "Gamescom is dead".

And that's probably for the best, even Sony doesn't have enough in the pipeline to fill 3 western oriented conferences a year.

Aura7541

Hopefully, whatever new announcements Sony makes from now on, they'll be out in a timely manner.

BasilZero

I wonder what surprises they have for store ;o!

darkknightkryta

Street Fighter 5 has been doing well on streams and such.  I'm assuming Sony is hoping Marvel vs Capcom will do the same...