The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Raven

Your physician? Walgreens clinic? A emergency care facility (non er) would all be much cheaper (50 dollar Co pay)

First, I didn't have a personal physician. I was between them since the last one I had was an bumb and since I don't normally get sick I didn't think much of it. Plus, I wanted immediate help. Not cross my fingers that I would get through to my doctor like my family has always managed to have trouble with. Matter of fact, my sister went through that shame recently. My boss wanted an immediate response. Not later in the day.

The nearest Walgreens would have been well out of my way and I wasn't even aware of anything they could do for me and I'm not even sure the one closest to me was even there at the time. I was already having trouble driving thanks to the pain from light sensitivity anyways. I wasn't, and still am not, aware of any other places in my area I can go to for immediate care. Again, I don't normally get that kind of sick so that's just one of those things I don't really dig into. When I think immediate care I think ER.

None of that changes the fact that what I was charged for the "care" I received was ridiculous. Still doesn't beat the time years even before that when I went to the hospital for a bad migraine and the doctor about dang near busted into the room and demanded I let them do a spinal tap on me without even fudgy saying hello or introducing himself at the very least. Then got berated by a nurse when I turned down the first two treatment options and then told me I was required to sign a paper saying I turned down care. As if the fudgy hospital police would come find me if I didn't. The hospital in my town has a history of being assholes and mistreating patients. No one in my family who still lives in the area goes there anymore. We now go out of our way if we can help it.

If I would have been charged $500 for the visit, I would have been much more accepting of it. Though I still would question why. $1,000 for all things considered? You're out of your dang mind if you think that's acceptable.