What do you have going on in your life?

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 14, 2017, 09:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Also known as why don't you post more here?  
Seems a good time to reask.  

nnodley

Kicking my game into high gear.  Been going to late labs for my university and got a wicked concept artist working on some designs for my puzzles.   Trying to help my brother open a gym.  Playing games. Eating. Working out. Chillin. Figuring out a realistic(hopefully) plan for where I want my indie games/indie studio to be within 5 years or so.

Lots of stress, but hopefully will be totally worth it in the end.
Well this has been a bust so far.

Legend

Well this has been a bust so far.
Hey you still have 3 years to sort it out!

nnodley

Hey you still have 3 years to sort it out!
Haha, yeah still working on it.  Still got the dreams, just figuring out how to get to that point.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's been awhile, not really sure where to start. I guess with the bad. I have about a year and a half to find a new job. The company that bought my program a few years ago decied to get rid of the program and it's moving to Korea, The upside is it looks like I have the chance to go to Korea for about 6 months. Well see about that. My Girls are 3 now and tomorrow we take them for a speech evaluation. I hope that they say everything is Okay, and it's not needed but you know. I bought zbrush and an xp-pen 22e, been using it everyday, watching everything I can on it. Trying to get GUD. So far I think I'm Okay,  I also bought a Canon M50 to take photos of all my work, so in away I've picked up photography as yet another hobby. I finished the room. Which is now a maker space. I just upgraded my PC, Ryzen 7 2700x, 32 GB ram B450 Mother board and added a 500 GB m.42 drive. Still using the 970 but this thing fly's and I can't seem to get it to break. I haven't been playing games or really even interested, but I'm still looking forward to Last of Us 2.

the-pi-guy

It's been awhile, not really sure where to start. I guess with the bad. I have about a year and a half to find a new job. The company that bought my program a few years ago decied to get rid of the program and it's moving to Korea, The upside is it looks like I have the chance to go to Korea for about 6 months. Well see about that. My Girls are 3 now and tomorrow we take them for a speech evaluation. I hope that they say everything is Okay, and it's not needed but you know. I bought zbrush and an xp-pen 22e, been using it everyday, watching everything I can on it. Trying to get GUD. So far I think I'm Okay,  I also bought a Canon M50 to take photos of all my work, so in away I've picked up photography as yet another hobby. I finished the room. Which is now a maker space. I just upgraded my PC, Ryzen 7 2700x, 32 GB ram B450 Mother board and added a 500 GB m.42 drive. Still using the 970 but this thing fly's and I can't seem to get it to break. I haven't been playing games or really even interested, but I'm still looking forward to Last of Us 2.
Sorry that things are rough.

I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't know what could be going on with your little ones that they'd need a speech evaluation.

But I have an 8 year old cousin who had some kind of issue that he needed speech therapy.  I believe he had a lot of trouble talking.

Today he's doing great, and he's a very impressive little man.

I just wanted to share that, in case it was something similar.  I'm sure it'll be good.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sorry that things are rough.

I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't know what could be going on with your little ones that they'd need a speech evaluation.

But I have an 8 year old cousin who had some kind of issue that he needed speech therapy.  I believe he had a lot of trouble talking.

Today he's doing great, and he's a very impressive little man.

I just wanted to share that, in case it was something similar.  I'm sure it'll be good.  
It's okay. We had to ask for a referral. Their Doctor didn't seem worried about it. It's just we think they are behind where they should be. Even though they both count to 10 sometimes higher, Know their ABC's, colors,  shapes and sing all their favorite songs. But they don't tell us when they need something. Or call us, or even point at things. Two word sentences are rare. So we will see what they have to say tomorrow.

Legend

Jun 18, 2019, 04:23 AM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2019, 04:28 AM by Legend
I needed speech therapy as a kid. I had fluids build up in my ears as a baby and couldn't hear. Fluid was drained without any issue but I guess it impacted my development.

I stopped going since I started developing a stutter as a form of over correction. Was around 12 I think. Now I'm mostly fine.

Edt: yeah I guess I never mentioned this before, but it's why I'm self conscious about my voice and try to avoid voice chats.

the-pi-guy

Spending most of my days with Ben.  Sometimes have to be very hands on with him.  Either holding on to him, or staying within a few feet if he's crawling around to stop him from getting into trouble or falling down.

A lot of time goes towards trying to keep the house clean.  Wifey got made at me that I was still washing dishes 3.5 hours later.  (Wasn't a contiguous 3.5 hours, but I try to be very thorough.)

And we are having to move soon.  I'm kind of excited.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to buy something instead of just renting.  

Trying to spend spare time learning stuff.  But I have been slacking due to other stuff.  
Have to get back into: Databases, Blender, Japanese,  reviewing stuff.  

the-pi-guy

I want to change.

I can't stick to a schedule.  I get bogged down by a lack of progress.  And I have a hard time being decisive.  

I'm frustrated with myself, like I am all too often.  

nnodley

I want to change.

I can't stick to a schedule.  I get bogged down by a lack of progress.  And I have a hard time being decisive.  

I'm frustrated with myself, like I am all too often.  
I'm kinda the same.  i have so many things i want to do and build into potential businesses, but when i don't have any progress or things are taking too long i just get to the point where i'm telling myself it's never going to work anyways so why try.  

I think you have to just take 1 thing at a time and just do it whether you or the idea fails or succeeds.  I'm starting to just say fudge it to more and more stuff over time.

Thats where i think the idea of us making a game just needs to happen and we just do it.  Give us all small victories.

the-pi-guy

Something like doing dishes by hand...  
It's okay when you only have to do it for a week or once in a while.

But it just feels horrific when you have to do it every day week after week.  

Like there are literally some days where after taking care of Ben, doing the dishes takes up a sizeable portion of my free time.  Like easily a quarter of it.  

Go Up