Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Jungle book, beauty and the beast, most of pixar nowadays, zootopia, moana, and frozen. I ended up loving a lot of these but they had some poor trailers imo.

Disney makes some trash movies like wrinkle in time but those always feel like a side venture to real disney.

Xevross

Jungle book, beauty and the beast, most of pixar nowadays, zootopia, moana, and frozen. I ended up loving a lot of these but they had some poor trailers imo.

Disney makes some trash movies like wrinkle in time but those always feel like a side venture to real disney.
Fair enough. I don't recall any trailers looking as bad as this one though. Almost everything about this film seems wrong, and the trailer itself is so badly edited.

Legend

Xevross

Now that's a good Disney trailer. And holy crud that CGI quality is insane.

Legend

Now that's a good Disney trailer. And holy crud that CGI quality is insane.
I need to rewatch it in higher quality and on the official upload but the trailer felt like it was missing some sound effects lol.

Anyway I watched Incredibles 2. I don't know if I'd say it's better than the first one, but it's awesome that it's even a debate. It's my favorite Pixar movie in a long long time. Also I always thought the underminer was a mole creature and not a human lol.

the-pi-guy

I need to rewatch it in higher quality and on the official upload but the trailer felt like it was missing some sound effects lol.

Anyway I watched Incredibles 2. I don't know if I'd say it's better than the first one, but it's awesome that it's even a debate. It's my favorite Pixar movie in a long long time. Also I always thought the underminer was a mole creature and not a human lol.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br><br><br>There&#39;s two things that I feel weird about with Incredibles 2.<br><br>In Incredibles 1, it feels more like relocating the supers was just a government program type thing.&nbsp; <br><br>And that not being able to be supers was more of an informal rule that they&#39;d get in trouble for breaking, not that there were actually laws written to prevent it.&nbsp; But then 2 really hammers in that there actually laws written about it.&nbsp; <br><br>So for me that feels weird.&nbsp; <br><br>It&#39;s also weird to think that the viewer and syndrome are the only ones that know what happened to Jack Jack at the end of 1.&nbsp; <br><br>

Great movie. 

Legend

A star is born was good. I cried a lot since I had something stuck in my throat lol.

Xevross

Wanted to watch a film so I looked back on some from the last two years. I saw Blade Runner 2049, remember hearing it was great so I decided to watch it.

Man, what a complete waste of time. One of the most boring films I've ever seen. Gosling is a brilliant actor though.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Wanted to watch a film so I looked back on some from the last two years. I saw Blade Runner 2049, remember hearing it was great so I decided to watch it.

Man, what a complete waste of time. One of the most boring films I've ever seen. Gosling is a brilliant actor though.
I can't look at you

Xevross

I can't look at you
Can you argue the case of the film? I want to understand how anyone can think its entertaining.

Box office update here! Alita has almost bombed, with a poor opening last week and average at best legs, its going to lose money most likely. China likes the film but not enough. Lego Movie 2 is also a massive BO disappointment, came in well below tracking and legs have only been okay. Overseas Lego performance is nothing short of dire.

How to Train Your Dragon is very impressive however, its opening this weekend in america was extremely good and overseas has been strong so far.

Aquaman has overtaken Iron Man 3's overseas gross and is now the top grossing solo superhero film overseas. Only the three Avengers films made more. Worldwide it made it into the top 20 all time and will finish just short of Cap Civil War with just under $1.15B.

Legend

Can you argue the case of the film? I want to understand how anyone can think its entertaining.
Did you watch the original blade runner first?

The great cool thing about blade runner 2048 is that it really pushes that film to the next level.

Spoiler for Hidden:
By this film you already view replicants as &quot;alive&quot; and as being special so the film does a great job of breaking that expectation and complicating things. K is not special and is not the chosen one. He is a machine like all the other replicants. The only unique thing about him is that he thought he was special.<br><br>This is the underlying message of the movie. The truth is irrelevant. Take for example in the movie when K asks if Harrison Ford&#39;s dog is real. Ford jokingly tells him to ask the dog because it doesn&#39;t make a difference.<br><br>The AIs in this movie are used as the new moral question. Are they alive just like the replicants from the first film? Blade Runner 2048&#39;s take is that they are factually machines just following their programing yet still &quot;the truth is irrelevant.&quot; K has prescribed meaning to his AI and that is what matters. After her death he sees the giant naked hologram of the same AI and is given the same nickname of Legend. On one hand this breaks the illusion of her being alive, but simultaneously it cements that his feelings for her were real.

Plus it was just a great looking movie with awesome sound effects!

Dr. Pezus

Did you watch the original blade runner first?

The great cool thing about blade runner 2048 is that it really pushes that film to the next level.

Spoiler for Hidden:
By this film you already view replicants as "alive" and as being special so the film does a great job of breaking that expectation and complicating things. K is not special and is not the chosen one. He is a machine like all the other replicants. The only unique thing about him is that he thought he was special.

This is the underlying message of the movie. The truth is irrelevant. Take for example in the movie when K asks if Harrison Ford's dog is real. Ford jokingly tells him to ask the dog because it doesn't make a difference.

The AIs in this movie are used as the new moral question. Are they alive just like the replicants from the first film? Blade Runner 2048's take is that they are factually machines just following their programing yet still "the truth is irrelevant." K has prescribed meaning to his AI and that is what matters. After her death he sees the giant naked hologram of the same AI and is given the same nickname of Legend. On one hand this breaks the illusion of her being alive, but simultaneously it cements that his feelings for her were real.

Plus it was just a great looking movie with awesome sound effects!
Agreed. Really makes it better to have seen the original but overall the acting, cinematography, sound effects and music were just unreal. The underlying message and plot is just icing on the cake.
That flying in the city scene near the beginning stunned me.

Xevross

I agree with all that. Its a good looking film and has a powerful message... But that doesn't change that it was horrifically boring. No wonder it bombed at the box office...

Dr. Pezus

I agree with all that. Its a good looking film and has a powerful message... But that doesn't change that it was horrifically boring. No wonder it bombed at the box office...
I don't think it bombing has much to do with the pacing lol. The original also bombed hard.
I dno though, I was never bored. I don't need much action to keep focused.

Go Up